Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We are wanting to integrate some LinkedIn Learning learning objects into Canvas, but they use AICC integration standards.  Are there any updates or references from Instructure on AICC integration standards.  I have viewed whats on the Community site ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Although the article I reference is from gamification, I'm not sure that was the right group for this question, as the faculty member isn't really trying to "gamify" her course so much as provide options to her students. Let me know if this really sh...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm working with an instructor that has a quiz where students must view and identify images. The instructor is, of course, concerned about students simply right-clicking to do a reverse image search and get the answers, so I am working on easy method...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I would like for Canvas admins or instructors to be able to create and manage roles and permissions for individual courses.  Many of our courses are used as Communities of Practice or Professional Development courses for our faculty.  We have all of ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We're a large K-12 district (15k students actively using Canvas).  I've been notified by Instructure that they need to move our instance to a different cluster and it needs to be done in the next few weeks.  I was also told that it would break token ...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello All, I encountered something odd this morning when trying to delete a course.  I was navigating through one of our sub accounts, found a course that we had to delete and then dupe a new version of (not simply reset, but completely remove), and ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way for me to get a list of teachers for all the classes? I looked into the provisioning reports under settings, but that doesn't seem to do what i am looking for. What I am looking for is a list of courses (which the provisioning reports ...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My courses upload capacity is only 524.3MB but the content that I need to upload is a lot larger than that. How do I increase the storage so that I can upload all of the files (including video)

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Another instructor has asked about quiz questions where the answer is based upon the student clicking on an area in an image.(The instructor has a lot of questions with such answers in another LMS and wants to import them.) Has anyone implemented suc...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've recently seen a rise in the number of student accounts we've had to manually create in Canvas due to our Canvas/Banner connection not recognizing returning students.These students have a few things in common:Attended back when we didn't have Ba...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our director of Institutional research has some very specific funding to spend to support evaluation of institutional effectiveness. Are there any programs, LTI's, anything out there which could partner with canvas data/analytics to help evaluate ins...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone use chat? I saw one recommendation to leave Chat on as back-channel discussions during class. Any other uses? Does chat work on all mobile devices?

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm a Physics teacher and I'd like to design homework assignments for my students similar to what I experienced in college physics.I'd like an assignment that mimics a homework handout. As if I handed each student a piece of paper with 10 questions o...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am doing some research on the best options for limiting access to courses at the end of the term for both faculty and students. Right now we are using course end dates that are set 2 weeks after the actual term and course end dates in our SIS. With...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

hi all - we've had a few recent issues with Crocodoc processing documents. The effect is that Teachers don't see the Crocodoc commenting toolbar and instead just the preview with the Box icon in the corner.Edited to add: Not everyone is seeing this. ...

• 5 Likes
  • 19 Replies

But creating a hyperlink to create the hover definition tempts the student to go ahead and click on that hyperlink which takes them to another page. Going to another page is what I am trying to avoid.  Suggestions? 

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I'm somewhat new to using Canvas for quizzes and am trying to make a formula question.  Without getting into too many details, the question will provide two variables, x and y.  If 3x < y, the question will have one answer, and if 3x > y, the ...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Our college has some STEM grant funding to use towards technology. We are looking into investing in a "tablet" program of some sort. Any one out there attempt something similar? What devises worked best with Canvas and the many eduapps STEM faculty i...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Top Known Issues list has not been updated in over a month. Is this list still valid or being used? Thanks - Ira

• 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are launching Canvas in the fall and want to send our teachers into the summer with the basics for how to build their course in Canvas.What are the steps they should follow to get their content out of Blackbaud's OnCampus course tool and into Canv...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This spring a major update to the Canvas/Zoom LTI was released (see attachment) This update includes giving Zoom its own link within the course tool bar and integration with the Canvas calendar (see below.)Anyone have this working in production? Just...

• 7 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When the courses in my account were created, the end dates were set to be May 3rd, before the final exams even start. So we manually changed all of the end dates of the courses that came our way in Course Details. Now we are concerned that we may not...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Some time ago, when a student's enrollment was concluded, they could be reinstated in the course by going to Settings... Sections... locating the student in the section and reinstating them to the course. Now when you click on the student name in the...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Curious if anybody has explored or is using Microlearning in online Canvas courses?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am curious to know if anyone has had great success with using Canvas in the elementary grades...K-4? Our students and teachers 5-12 use Canvas and love it...of course! I have had handfuls of teachers in the lower grades ask how they could use parts...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We subscribe to videos offered by ICE Learning Center. ICE Learning Center   They do not have their own LTI and I am checking to see if anyone has already created an LTI for the company's videos.   Currently, students have to login to our proxy serve...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone!This is my first posting here.  As a new instructional designer, I really appreciate all of your feedback on this discussion group - thanks!I'd like to get some input from all of you on how you help instructors to push forward to deeper l...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My foreign language instructors want their students to be able to write in Spanish. Right now if they use the rich content editor, spellcheck underlines every word it doesn't recognize, which is most of them. Is there a way to either change the rich ...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Everyone, This past Saturday, our custom mobile app got blown out. Did anyone else experience this or in the past? If so, do you have a recommendation on the fix?This is what my users are seeing...Thank you for your help!Kari 

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,Some of the SME send over word documents for their weekly quizzes. Is there an easier way to create test banks for these rather than cut-paste into Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies