Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to set up our new school year in Canvas.  I set up the new School Term, but every time i go to the start page, I see all the courses from last year (unless I use the Filter option to show the 2016-2017 school year).  I want everyone to de...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi -What methods do most designers have in place/suggest when utilizing a course for a new cohort? I don't want to delete the old course rather keep it open for users for a month or so then close it out to users. I don't want to reset as this clears ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,as an admin, I work with Canvas application powered by TurnKey,I would like to create a nav with the courses down the main nav at the right, what would be the best way to achieve that?Also where I can modify the place of the blocks (some kind o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you're a Kaltura campus you should check out the new video quizzing option. Results write to the Canvas gradebook. http://corp.kaltura.com/Products/Features/Interactive-Video-Quizzing  We only recently became of aware of it. We enabled the LTI yes...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Product team is looking for insight into Master Course needs and usage and would appreciate your participate where applicable. This survey will take approximately 5 minutes.Master Courses Survey Thank you!

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I stop a class content from importing once it is says "pre-processing"

• 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Found a URL while building my PBL ideas and thought I would share it How to Start Incorporating Games Into the Classroom

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the Master Course for BUSN 5620, I have tried to reset Student View, but it does not clear the assignments submitted when I click on Reset Student.  Also, when I used Test Student to submit a quiz, I cannot unpublish the quiz.  When hovering over ...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Free online, Image Slider Maker​.  Packs all needed files up into a Zip file.  The HTML needs some doctoring, but could then be imported into a Canvas page via an iframe, by first Uploading and Unpacking the Zip file.  A simpler slider, but can inclu...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Can any admins answer the question that was raised by  @blgartland  in the following post Email students in one section only, without sending to instructors as well. I have assisted as much as I can, and the issue sounds like a setting or feature to ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have a relatively high-speed instructor that employs the use of multiple grade schemes in his course. He created several of his own schemes at the course level, but the copy from last semester to this upcoming semester does not contain any of...

• 7 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi -I need to create a True or False quiz and provide an area for users to provide a rational for their responses.Is there a way to do provide that in Canvas? I can see where instructors can leave feed-back but not students.Any thoughts would be grea...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Please consider voting for " modifiedtitle="true" title="Don't allow cross-listing across terms ​and joining the discussion there. We are trying to be much more open with Canvas in allowing faculty to have access to tools and features they couldn'...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We really could use a metadata field in canvas sections, similar to the one they have for users, so we can store relevant information about the section that canvas doesn't have right now. Just a single general purpose string field that we could put s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have had this question only answered to a degree and not fully. Simply, Park University needs to know if the data coming in through the Canvas App (or any other device) is safely landing within the Canvas Data, which means the resulting data (submi...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The official Instructure statement is that Canvas is supported on all major browsers.However, when I open SpeedGrader in Firefox... I get a little pop-up warning saying (something to the effect), "Crocodoc has a problem playing nicely with Firefox. S...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When creating Canvas assignments the due time defaults to 11:59pm on the due date. While this may be OK at a college level, we have received feedback from our parents in our K-12 school that this encourages them to procrastinate and stay up late to f...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have an implementation process they would share as to which LTI apps you open/add in your instance of Canvas?  We thought about having our faculty go through their department head, but just curious if anyone does anything else.  There are...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is the Canvas App still preventing students and instructors from submitting their assignments and answering discussion posts? Has there ever been a problem where when I look through the API via 'last_activity_at' that it doesn't have the accurate dat...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we were at InstructureCon, I was visiting with A00015317 from Utah State and noticed that his assignment box was enlarged....almost like a page where it extended as far as he wanted.  I had asked Canvas directly before and was told you couldn't ...

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Undated events from the previous semester were carried over to my new fall Canvas site when I imported course content from last spring. I deleted these events from the calendar, but they still appear in the syllabus list and on the calendar's side me...

• 16 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Greetings!Just wanted to say first thank you all very much for a very well made platform and great help content! you all are awesome!My question is: When I make an "Assignment" I have the "Display Grade as" option, in which I can choose to display th...

• 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi team! How do I create vocabulary words with pop-out definitions?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need your help.We are moving to Canvas and have a very tiny support team who are learning Canvas.Can those of you who have taken this amazing journey share some of the top questions you got and the answers that worked best?If I had a list of the mo...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all,Is there a way to add an external link to the Portal menu that all faculty will see? We have a custom application for the faculty to combine their sections, and it would be best to have a link to it here.Thank you!Pam

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi admins, Just thought I'd flag up some feature requests currently up for vote that affect admin users. Any votes appreciated! Amy

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in the process of gathering a few examples of stellar templates for use in Canvas for a high school project. Can anyone recommend or share lesson/assessment/discussion/etc. templates for me to review? I started looking in Commons, but there are ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When working through a course as a student I often find myself popping back out to the module screen to see my progress and where I am in the module.  "Am I halfway through and should take a break?", or "Just two more pages and a quiz and I'm done, I...

• 53 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there a place I can get access to the native Canvas icons in graphic format? - I've already found the discussions in instructions on using the  anchor class to call the icons, but that it a limited use case.   I'm developing a series of icons/ but...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,We have created an Onboarding course for all students. I was wondering if there is a way to do a mass enrollment of students?Thanks,Courtney

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies