course material disappears

Jump to solution
FlemmingVesterg
Community Explorer

Hi

Last autumn 2023 the teachers created classes as usually through SIS. Now they are creating courses for autumn 2024, and want material from autumn 2023, but it is gone. They can still find the courses, the students are still enrolled, but all the files, messages and modules are gone. Even the front page has change. I can't find the material in the test enviroment either. It is not all courses but some of them. We have switced to a new SIS system i Denmark called ESAS, about 4 month ago, so all courses got new SIS-ID's, but the problem just appeared now.

Has anyone any experience in this issue?

Best regards

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @FlemmingVesterg 

All SIS Import integrations are based on using the SIS ID as the unique identifier.  If the courses "got new SIS-ID's", then they are essentially new courses, as far as Canvas is concerned.

If you are trying to track down missing courses and course materials, my first step would be to go to Settings > Reports and run a "Provisioning" report, selecting "All terms", "Courses", and "Include Deleted Objects", to see if the courses you're looking for have been marked as "deleted" by your SIS integration process due to the changed SIS IDs.

View solution in original post