erCAPTCHA not showing

Jump to solution
AndrewSowter
Community Member

Some of my students are unable to register with Canvas using their smartphones because the reCAPTCHA is not displaying. PCs don't have this issue (if their pop-up blocker settings allow them).
This issue didn't seem to happen last year. Has something changed? e.g. Privacy settings?
Students tried using different browsers and downloading the mobile Canvas App but this did not work.

I don't have a screenshot (students' phones) but basically, the reCAPTCHA was not showing on the registration page so the register button was greyed out.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AndrewSowter
Community Member
Author

Hi melodyc_lam

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about the Prevent cross site tracking function in the iPhone. If I have any more students who are struggling to join Canvas using their iPhone then I will suggest this. If that happens I will post here to let you know it worked.

Most of the students who had this problem have resolved it by joining using their PC. But it would be much easier if they could just register on their iPhones without the problems. It's not a great way to start a course.

Cheers Andy 

View solution in original post

0 Likes