cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prof_erin
Community Member

even the feedback buttons fail

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 5.36.49 PM.pngA Canvas pop up asked me for feedback on an article. I rated it as "very unsatisfied" and suggested that faculty need direct support from Canvas engineers. I got this error when I pressed the submit button.

Could it be that the feedback system is constructed so that complaints never go through?

And, yes, I am working in Chrome. If one more person tells me my problem is that I'm not in chrome, I am going to light my hair on fire.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @prof_erin ...

I've never seen an error message like that before.  Can you tell us more about where you saw this message?  Was it in an actual course within your school's Canvas environment?  Was it a resource/link to content here in the Canvas Community website?  If you could provide some additional information for us, that might be helpful.  Also, if that error message was within your school's Canvas environment, have you reached out to the Canvas Help Desk staff to report this?  They would be able to file a ticket on your behalf so that they could take a deeper dive into what might have happened.  And, you would be notified once the ticket was resolved.  Just some other thoughts for you to consider.  Here's a link to getting additional help: How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.  Take care...

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@prof_erin I typically only see that particular error message when I attempt to access a link while I'm not authenticated into this forum, or when I've left a link open for a long enough period of time that the platform has automatically logged me out. Might that be what occurred in this case?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Also, @prof_erin , I've tested a few spots and the feedback form is displaying without issue. If you would kindly provide the link to the specific resource on which you're providing feedback, our Doc Team can check to make sure the form link is working on that particular page.

RobDitto
Community Champion

@Stefanie, it happened to me this past weekend, exactly as @prof_erin described.  I shared a similar screenshot with our CSM.  This pop-up feedback request also caused me to lose my place on the page after interacting with the pop-up.

Ah, I know what you're referencing, @RobDitto ! I read this as an attempt to provide feedback on a specific lesson, but the popup is a survey link—and I too encountered the red error message when I tried to fill it out. I've reported it to our team.