glitching or freezing home page / Dashboard.

Jump to solution
NadineNezdoba
Community Member

My dashboard is freezing or glitching. the classes are flickering as if they are having trouble loading. I cant get the class to load on my laptop as before. does anyone know how to fix this? 

I tried logging out and logging in and nothing changes. how do I unfreeze this?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. If you clear your cache and cookies, that may help. How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? If the issue persists, try to reset your router. Sometimes Canvas users see the dashboard flicker when the built-in firewall in the router blocks elements of code Canvas uses. 

Multiple users reported this in Support in the last few hours, so I hope one of these steps allows the dashboard to load like you expect it to!

View solution in original post

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @NadineNezdoba,

I cam across this thread when doing a cleanup of the community.  In addition to clearing your browser cache as @KristinL recommended earlier, have you checked to ensure you're using a supported browser and device?  Generally Canvas supports the most recent 2 versions of popular browsers, and I know the dashboard is one place that can act very weird with older browser.  Even if the browser worked in the past, Canvas is always making updates to keep things up to current web standards, so browser, operating system, or device updates may be needed to get things working again.  In the worst case scenario, if the device is too old and no longer receives updates, you may need to look into a replacement.

-Chris

View solution in original post