page not showing as an option to add to module

Jump to solution
boocanvas
Community Explorer

A few times now I have created a page and then am not able to see it in my list of pages when I want to add it to a module. Logging in/out, waiting 20 hours, publishing/unpublishing none of it seems to make a difference. I can see it in the list of pages when I look at all of them but it does not show as an option to select and add to a module.

To make it more perplexing, others can add it. I asked a person with a 'designer' designation in the course and they were able to see it on their options and add it to the module. Another time, a discussion section leader who has a 'teacher' designation (like I do) was able to see and add the page I created to the module while it still would not appear as an option for me. This is a big problem in the course since I am the person who is most likely to make pages with new content that students need to access in specific modules. Has anyone else had this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @boocanvas 

We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with adding pages to a module. What you described certainly sounds like abnormal behavior especially if another user with a designated "Teacher Role" is also able to see the pages. Because of this, there is a good likelihood it may be your browser or device. We would suggest clearing the cache and cookies and/or trying another browser altogether. 

Additionally, depending on the amount of pages you have in the course, you will likely need to scroll down to find it. Because the box is a fixed size, the list of assignments, pages, or files will extend downwards. 

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-course-content-as-module-items/ta-p... 

If you have more questions regarding this issue(s) please feel free to respond with descriptive information as to give us a clear insight into the problem.

Additionally, you are encouraged to contact Canvas Support directly via email, chat, or phone by using the "Help" icon in the bottom left corner on Canvas. 

View solution in original post