rc4053
Community Member

Hi there, 

I would like to be able to edit a YouTube video so that I only display 1-2 mins of the relevant video section to students. In Studio, I don't seem to have the 'Edit' option when I click on the three dots for this video. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I just can't figure out how. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rc4053 ...

You are correct.  There is no option to edit YouTube videos within the Canvas Studio interface.  Even if the YouTube video is your own and you add the YouTube URL to Studio so that the video appears in your Studio library, you cannot edit the video.  If the video is your own and is hosted on YouTube, you'd need to do editing either in YouTube or offline to shorten the clip.  Or, you could upload the video file directly to Studio, and then you could do some simple editing to trim the video down to the portion you wanted. Similarly, if the YouTube video is *not* your own, and you add it to your Studio library, you cannot make edits to it (such as trimming it down).

Sorry I don't have better solutions for you, but I hope this helps to answer your question.

View solution in original post

JeffCampbell
Community Contributor

As another option to use to go with what @Chris_Hofer mentioned, you can open the video on YouTube, then use the option in Studio to record your screen. Start the video a few seconds before what you want to capture and include a few seconds after. That will make it easier for you to trim it down in the editing window to just what you want to share. Then, that can be store in Studio for you to use.

View solution in original post