Linked Items (within Module)

angelah
Community Explorer

Apologies for starting a new topic, but felt it was needed.

When researching the Course Pacing tool, I could have sworn I saw a guide that had a "link" indicator, when setting Course Pacing, to combine all items within the module, then allow a duration to be set for the entire module. Did I dream this? 🤔

Here is our use: We are a competency-based institution. Each module reflects a competency within the course, and all items within the module are associated with the competency. (Resources, models, student practice, assessments.) Each competency/module is assigned a set number of hours it should be completed in for the student to achieve satisfactory progress. So Module 1 may be assumed to take 10 hours, Module 2 may be five, and so on. I would rather not have to break down the entire module to award individual times to each required item, especially if it doesn't come out equally. (Module 1 = 10 hours, but may have 4 required submissions...)

The second part of this is that we would like to run reports or view analytics to see if the majority of students truly are completing modules in the assigned number of hours, or if we need to make adjustments to those expectations on an institutional level. Is it possible now (or will it be) to view these types of reports on a course-by-course basis?