Welcome to the Instructure Community Monthly and Weekly Highlights blog! At the end of every month, we will share notable successes and spotlights. Additionally, we will update you with all the goings-on in the Instructure world from the previous week: community updates, product updates, new blogs to read, and everything else you'll need to know will be here!
You may have noticed that the Community navigation received a fabulous makeover. Props go to our Community Operations Specialist, Nathan Atkinson (@nathanatkinson) ! We have dubbed Nathan our Community Wizard–because everything he touches/codes turns to magic. Nathan is coming up on his 5th work anniversary with Instructure, and we are all so lucky to have his expertise guiding the Community experience. Nathan is also our resident Star Wars expert. You can always find him wearing a Star Wars shirt every single Friday!
If you spend any time in the Q&A portion of the Community, you will undoubtedly recognize Chris Hofer (@Chris_Hofer) ! A Canvas Administrator who moonlights as an Instructure Community Coach–Chris is also a video and board game enthusiast, car aficionado, and all over fantastic human.
Mastery Connect Community Guides Overhaul
The Mastery Connect Great Guides Overhaul project is officially ⅔ finished! Our documentation team has been hard at work giving our Mastery Connect guides a substantial facelift. The Admin, Curriculum Maps, Reports, and Tracker guides have been updated and are live in the Community. In the next few months, you can anticipate updates in the Getting Started and Assessments guides!
We've wrapped up a project to create short, ~30 second videos to supplement the top 5 viewed topics/guides. These videos can be found in relevant guides in the Community.
Updating notification settings
- Video located in How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as an instructor?, How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor?, How do I manage notifications for a single course as a student?, How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as a student?, How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as an observer?, and How do I manage notifications for a single course as an observer?
Uploading a file as an assignment submission
Recording media in the RCE
- Located in How do I record media using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? and How do I record media using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
Embedding an image in a discussion reply
- Located in How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as an instructor? and How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?
Generating a pairing code for an observer as a student
- Located in How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? and How do I link a student to my user account as an observer?
Feature Option Resource Document
We have a new resource document that reviews available Account and Course feature options: Canvas Feature Option Summary. You can find it in the Resource Documents table of contents. Links to the following, previously available resources will redirect to the new doc:
- Admin Guide: What feature options are currently available for an entire Canvas account?
- Instructor Guide: What feature options are currently available for Canvas courses?
- Release Resource: Canvas LMS Feature Options (a resource that lived in the Releases space)
Canvas Community Updates
Archiving Content to Improve Searches - Began August 25th
Don't forget to sign up for a Panda Pros 1:1 Coaching session, running through September!
The Product Roadmap has been updated:
Screencasts have been published for the following features:
- New Quizzes Blueprint Sync
Please see most current release date in the Screencast page.
See Catalog Release Notes page for additional information
See Impact Release Notes page for additional information
For more information, see the Canvas Mobile Release Notes Page