How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor?
This lesson shows how to manage notification settings from your account Notifications page. You can also access course notifications by clicking the View Course Notifications button from the Course Home Page. Course notification settings only apply to the course in which they are set. To receive course notifications, you must first set your Canvas notification settings.
- Once a notification setting is changed in your course, the course notification setting will override settings set in your Account Settings. You must continue to manage that notification type within your course.
- Admins cannot view the Course Notification Settings page unless they are enrolled in the course.
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Notifications link .
Open Course Notification Settings
You can manage notification settings for your Canvas account and/or for individual courses.
To manage notification settings for an individual course, click the Settings for drop-down menu . Then click the course name .
View Course Notification Settings
A banner displays stating course-level notification settings apply override any account-level notifications you may have set . To dismiss the message, click the Close icon .
A banner displays noting when daily and weekly messages are delivered . To dismiss the message, click the Close icon .
To enable or disable all notifications for the course, click the Enable Notifications toggle .
View the course-level notification types  and your listed contact methods .
Each notification has a default delivery frequency setting. To view the current notification delivery frequency for a notification type and contact method, hover over the notification icon .
Manage Individual Notifications
To manage notification frequency for a course notification, locate the notification and contact method. Then click the notification icon . You can select one of four delivery frequency types:
- Notify immediately : receive these notifications right away for this course. These notifications may be delayed by up to one hour in case an instructor makes additional changes, which prevents you from being spammed by multiple notifications in a short amount of time.
- Daily summary : receive a daily summary for this notification type.
- Weekly summary : receive a weekly summary for this notification type.
- Notifications off : no notifications sent for this notification type.
View Course Notifications Status
You can view your course notification status on your course home page. The View Course Notifications button icon displays if course notifications are enabled  or disabled .