cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

GAME NIGHT (instcon15)

Join us to learn, play, or mercilessly dominate the competition in board games from Blokus to Rummikub, 7 Wonders to Red7, Love Letter to Ultimate Werewolf, and many more!

10140950254_9cc740a36b_k.jpgWe know that you know what Monopoly is. It's that slow-paced game, where your Grandma's money is all yours because she rolled a 4 and not a 5. Total Domination.

But what if, instead of stealing from your grandma, you could work together to stop global eradication by dominating a rampaging disease? What if, instead of just throwing some dice and counting combinations, you could rampage through the city of Tokyo, battling other monsters, for well, domination. And like Yahtzee, chuck some cool dice, but instead of numbers you get to breathe fire, use a train as a weapon, or shrink your foes? What if you could hop across the country, collecting cards only to claim railroad lines before your competition. Wait, that doesn't sound like fun. But we swear it is!

You may be familiar with old games, but InstructureCon is about new ideas with Canvas, and we want to also bring you new ideas about, well, having fun. If you haven't tried some new board games, you should. And you get to interact with Instructure Employees and peers from around the globe. If you have and you still read all of this, please free to come, interact, teach, and bring a board game of your own.

Most of all, let's have some fun on the last night of InstructureCon!

Brought to you by: Canvas Network

Location Map: KOKOPELLI BALLROOM (Grand Summit)

Login to "Add a comment" below!

59 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Oh man!  If I were going to InstructureCon this year, I'd be at this event.  I'd even consider bringing Munchkin, Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride.  Sadly, I am not attending this year.  Gotta let my co-workers have their turn.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

We will be playing Ticket to Ride! It's one of my faves!

You will be missed at the conf overall, chofer@morainepark.edu​, and def missed at game nite.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just recently bought Ticket to Ride on sale, and I have one of the expansions.  It's a great, quick-moving, game!

Highlighted
Explorer II

Fun! Heard about this from straigle during an Educause event earlier this year. Hopefully when I get up to Utah it will still be going on. My game group is getting King of Tokyo next. Looks like a blast!

Highlighted
Community Member

My family and I have been playing the cooperative game Forbidden Island and its sequel Forbidden Desert.  Super fun - would be willing to bring them if anyone is interested.

Highlighted
Community Member

Well come and get your game on with us cgaudreau​ and get a head start learning King of Tokyo at #instcon Game Night! We got KOT about a year ago and love it. I like that it has a sufficient amount of strategy required to offset the luck of the dice rolls. 😉

chofer@morainepark.edu​ you will be missed.  Perhaps we should get a remote game of TTR going?! Deactivated user​ just picked it up for her android and I have it for iOS... supposedly it is cross platform - Mac/PC/iOS/Android

Highlighted
Community Member

Here's what we have to look forward to!

1 7 Wonders

1 Blokus

1 Can't Stop

1 Carcassonne: South Seas

1 Dixit Board Game

1 Escape: The Curse of the Temple

2 Hanabi

2 King of Tokyo

1 Love Letter: Clamshell Edition

1 Love Letter: The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Boxed Edition

1 Love Letter: Legend of the Five Rings

1 Pandemic

1 Red7

1 Rummikub

2 Splendor

1 Ticket To Ride (US Edition)

1 Tsuro

1 Tsuro of the Seas

1 Wits & Wagers

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

That was a fun conversation. I had KoT and now have KoNY which is...different? Not sure it's better, just different. I might bring it on site just to have the alternative.

Or I could bring Le Havre if someone wants a dry game?

Highlighted
Community Member

Bring it on! If one of the KoT table likes it a lot, maybe they'll like the variation!

Haha!  Le Havre. I bought the game for iOS years ago when it came out but still do not know how to play. I'm in love with his Agricola game though, so I've heard that I'd like that one as well.

Top Kudoed Authors