DIGITAL MERIT BADGES (instcon16)

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

187080_instcon16_digital_badges.pnginstcon16_digital_badges.png

WHAT ARE THE MERIT BADGES AND HOW DO I GET 'EM?

Digital merit badges reward you for your participation in the community exclusively during InstructureCon 2016. Badges can be featured on your community profile and the additional points help 'level up' your reputation in the Canvas Community.

Please read below to learn how to earn these limited-edition badges!

192026_badge_instructurecon_2016_g.pngbadge_instructurecon_2016.png

INSTRUCTURECON 2016

150 POINTS

What is it for?

Attending InstructureCon 2016, of course!

How can I get one?

Once you have checked into the conference (as proof you showed up), the badges will be added to your profile.

192082_badge_letters_home_g.pngbadge_letters_home.png

LETTERS HOME: A BLOGGING CHALLENGE

75 POINTS PER POST

What is it for?

Sending letters home. Since no one writes with pen and paper these days, we figured the digital equivalent would be through blog posts. Write your session take-aways or transcribe your outdoor adventures. Share all the fun with friends and family back home. Just make sure it's safe for Mom to read (or not).

How can I get one?

Click here to get the challenge details, find blog templates and read attendee posts. Every post earns you points!

192028_badge_pandamon.pngPandamonGO.png

PANDÁMON GO

10 to 25 POINTS FOR EVERY MARKER POSTED OR FOUND

What is it for?

Navigating InstructureCon and finding the hidden gems along the way. Think Pokémon GO meets scavenger-hunting at summer camp. Okay, not exactly. But it's crazy-fun and totally worth it!

How can I get one?

Post a marker or find one in Keystone. Get points for every hidden gem. Click here to get the challenge details.

192080_badge_game_night_g.pngbadge_game_night.png

GAME NIGHT

50 POINTS

What is it for?

Participating at InstructureCon 2016 Game Night

How can I get one?

At some point during the evening, go to the Game Night events page and 'add a comment' to post your feedback!

192027_badge_hack_night_g.pngbadge_hack_night.png

HACK NIGHT

50 POINTS

What is it for?

Participating at InstructureCon 2016 HACK NIGHT or COURSE HACK NIGHT

How can I get one?

At some point during the evening, go to the HACK NIGHT or COURSE HACK NIGHT events page and 'add a comment' to post your hacks.

192081_badge_twitter_g.pngbadge_twitter.png

TWITTER

75 POINTS

What is it for?

Having the highest number of tweets during InstructureCon 2016. Tweets must include #instcon (#instcon16 does not count... please don't use)

How can I get one?

Between Tuesday 7/19/2016 and Thursday 7/21/2016, our team will keep an eye on the Twitterstream for #instcon. As long as you're actively tweeting cool stuff (ahem, no re-tweets, automatic tweets or spam), you'll be in the running for Top Tweeter.  We'll be keeping and eye on all those tweets, retweets, and likes and will name a winner soon after the conference.

The winner will be awarded the badge and his/her name will be posted below.

Congrats to  @ckofeldt ​ for winning this challenge with her quality tweets during this year's InstructureCon!

NOTE: All badges and points should be awarded automatically upon successful completion,

except the InstructureCon badge and Top Twitter Badge (which will be awarded manually by 7/31/2016).
If you do not see a badge in your profile immediately, please follow these steps.

187092_landscape.jpgComment and connect below