jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

Glamping Up Canvas

Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Glamming Up Canvas (90 mins)

177433_jeremy perkins.pngjeremy perkins.png

Jeremy Perkins

Want your students to have a "glamorous" experience in Canvas? Come learn a host of tactics for making your course design not only engaging, but also responsive for both web and mobile view. Learn to maximize the tools in Canvas—from the Rich Content Editor to the style guide—and take customization to a whole new level. Click to Register ($125)

additional_information.png

We would love to hear from attendees! Please share any questions or thoughts you might have before, during and after the presentation!

Comment and connect below
0 Kudos
5 Replies
biray
Community Champion

We are excited to go glamping together!!!

jbackon

@Melody_Brake

@Alla_Chikh

joseph.conder

kaf298

@hansardc 

@clean  (cordelial)

@Kar-On_Lee

molitom1

contact

hoconnor

peggy.l.powell

@Vegard_Skipnes

@bill_vilberg 

@Xiaoli_Wang

@Jaesoon_An

@p_bier 

abreitmeyer

kcalvert

bcooper

@hjcristea 

@Nicole_Erickson

ahampel

@hidalgb 

@ghinck 

jonlash

brenlee

msl_adm

tmacek

amanuel

@admin_nolan 

snufer

@epeppers 

elizabeth.prickett

@asells 

@Yaddira_Smalls

asquyres

@Jeannette_U

melnd34291

@pwade2 

@ewakeman 

@Tahnja_Wilson

@hyu1 ​

If you have any questions or comments for presenter  @jperkins ​ before/after the session, post them below and he'll be happy to get to you! Smiley Happy

See you soon!

jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Everyone!

Biray mentioned you so I would know who is going to be attending my session! I'd love for people to introduce themselves here before the session! Maybe introduce yourself by answering the following prompts.

1. Where do you work and what is your role there?
  2. How would you rate your competence with HTML, CSS, and/or Javascript? 1-10 Scale with 10 being the highest
  3. What interested you most about coming to this session?
  4. Are there any big takeaways you'd like to have as you leave the session?
  5. What is your favorite toothpaste brand? Why?

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of days!

Jeremy

DrNufer
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi all.  I am excited for this workshop.  My responses to the prompts:

• I am the director of instructional technology at TCS Education System
  • In terms of how web design is used within Canvas for content pages, I would rate myself:
    • html: 9
    • css: 8
    • javascript: 1
  • I am particularly interested in seeing new design ideas and more fully being able to customize our content pages. My favorite community page is: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers/blog/2015/07/01/using-jquery-without-custom-javascr.... I am hoping that this session will be along those lines.  I have also found this to be useful: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6836.
  • I want to return to my institution with many fresh layout options, and I want to better understand which things we can do in Canvas and which things automatically get scrubbed. This may even give me the motivation to learn javascript.
  • I don't think much about toothpaste, but I'll mention that ever since I have started using plackers (sp?) I have been flossing every day. So that's a good find.
hoconnor
Community Member

Hello Jeremy,

I attended your morning pre-conference workshop and enjoyed it very much.  Could you please direct me to the presentation notes?  Thank you