Highlighted
Community Member

Hacking Canvas: Making the Rubric Tool Work for you

Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Tap/click map to enlarge

ic16_map_red_cloud_peak.png

April Lynn Millet & Stevie Rocco

Pennsylvania State University - HigherEd

Rubrics are used for formative and summative assessments, as well as for student self-assessment and peer review. This session will cover best practices and instruction for developing four different types of rubrics using the rubric tool available in Canvas.

183031_landscape.jpgComment and connect below
11 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

I'm very interested in this topic.  Those going to this presentation may be interested in a project I did, you can read the blog here:

Rubric Analysis Using the API

I'd love to hear any feedback from others working with rubrics and outcomes, what ideas are you all working on?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Explorer

Is this session going to focus on background coding?

Highlighted
Not applicable

No. It is more of a practical session. We will be talking about how you can use the Canvas Rubric tool to create 4 different types of rubric by "hacking" (looking at the rubric differently), without changing the tool itself.

Thank you for your interest.

April

Highlighted
Not applicable

No. It is more of a practical session. We will be talking about how you can use the Canvas Rubric tool to create 4 different types of rubric by "hacking" (looking at the rubric differently), without changing the tool itself.

April

Highlighted
Community Member

April

Highlighted
Learner II

That sounds awesome! I am looking forward to it. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I just left you presentation and thought it was great. I was in the back and it was hard to see all the slides. Is there a way I can get that link?

Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Heard you had a packed session! Thanks to awarmar@ou.edu​ for blogging about her session feedback here: Hacking Rubrics Experience !