cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is there a way to contact pre-conference session instructors?

Jump to solution

I would like some additional information about one of the sessions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello awebster​ I am excited you are considering this session.  I know I am looking forward to it because it's a topic that people are very curious about and have been asking for.

This workshop will not be a passive "sit and learn" session.  It be very hands-on. Attendees should expect to come out of it not only knowing how LTI development works, but with several working LTI tools.  There will be programming involved and probably some command-line stuff.  Don't worry, I'll be walking everyone through each step, but you should have some experience with HTML and web development.

While I haven't selected the specific language and/or framework that will be used, I am considering Python or Ruby.  As we get closer to the conference I plan to release a checklist of things that should be installed or learned before arriving at the conference. I will make sure to include reference materials and online resources for doing a crash course in whatever language I choose.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Amanda - there's a chance you can find them here in the community using the search feature in the upper right hand corner. Most employees are active in the community. No promises that they will respond but that's what I would do Smiley Happy.

Thanks! I looked but I can't send him a message unless he's in my circle...other suggestions?

Not that I can think of, Sorry.

Try "following" the person in the Community and then see if you can message them. The other thing you can do is nicely call out the person here in this question by @ mentioning them - How do I @mention people, places, content?​ - and asking your question.

Community Member

Deactivated user​ - in your InstructureCon pre-conference session about LTI's, would you recommend attendees have knowledge in any specific coding language prior to attending? Thanks in advance.

Hello awebster​ I am excited you are considering this session.  I know I am looking forward to it because it's a topic that people are very curious about and have been asking for.

This workshop will not be a passive "sit and learn" session.  It be very hands-on. Attendees should expect to come out of it not only knowing how LTI development works, but with several working LTI tools.  There will be programming involved and probably some command-line stuff.  Don't worry, I'll be walking everyone through each step, but you should have some experience with HTML and web development.

While I haven't selected the specific language and/or framework that will be used, I am considering Python or Ruby.  As we get closer to the conference I plan to release a checklist of things that should be installed or learned before arriving at the conference. I will make sure to include reference materials and online resources for doing a crash course in whatever language I choose.

View solution in original post