cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cms_hickss
Community Contributor

Nature Abounds But I'm Slow with My Camera

Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Smiley Happy I'd hoped to see a moose but I think all the buses might have scared them away. Smiley Sad

Though I was told one had walked down the bike trail I was using, but earlier in the morning. Instead I saw beautiful running rivers (see picture in header image). Oh, I guess the signs said swift water, but to a person from a state that really has no mountains or hills this area was a new adventure. Saw what I thought was a rabbit, but was later told was probably a fox. Hey, all I saw was its side and it was very quick as it dashed back into the the tall grasses of the bike path.

The sound of thunder echoing through the mountains was something to be amazed by. I mean, I get thunder and lightning where I live but the reverb in the mountains, most excellent. There was this loud boom and then rain. Big fat, cold drops. This I don't get back at home.

I wish I could have experienced more, but when I go to a conference, I have to go to the conference. I totally believe my boss would frown upon me skipping out in the middle of the day to go paddle boating or kayaking. Maybe next year I will come in early to experience more of the mountains or even just see the city of Denver.

Plus, a moose owes me a picture. Though I did come home with a picture of a panda on a bicycle Smiley Happy

194008_TL_letters.png194009_TR_letters.png194010_bottom_letters.png

Tags (1)
3 Replies
jbrady2
Community Champion

cms_hickss​ I also was hoping to see/get a picture of a moose.  I did see several species of birds, but just like your rabbit/fox (?) most of them moved too quickly in and out of my field of view to get many pictures, although I did have a squirrel run up a tree, sit on a low branch, and pose for me.

squirrel.jpg

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

He's very cute. Even looks like he paused for a pose for you. Smiley Happy

jbrady2
Community Champion

It actually did stop and sit on a branch at eye level, which surprised me as I am used to Florida squirrels running way up into trees when they see someone close by. I actually thought I would not get my the lens cap off in time before it continued up the tree, but it stopped and just watched while I readied the camera for a couple of pics.