Strategies for Training the Trainer

mjohnson3
Community Contributor
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Introduction:

Rachel Lee from Instructure spent 90 minutes pouring knowledge into each attendee and sending everyone off with a wealth of tools to take back to their institution to improve training and teaching.

Details:

Typically, when you walk into a session like this, you really expect to be preached to about the best approach to training instructors/staff/etc. but are never given any real, good means by which to succeed.  That was not the case in this training session. In addition to a great lesson on the Why? behind using online learning  (because as Rachel notes, we need to start with the Why), we were also given a ton of information on adult learning, k-12 and higher ed adoption strategies, and my favorite- technology integration models.  It was really like an infomercial (but in a good way) where every time you thought there wasn't any more, there was!  After all this, we were also treated to some great tools for integrating technology into Canvas classes.  Tools like Kahoot (which we actually got to test), Nearpod, Quizlet, and many more were all shared.  The great thing about these is that they are powerful and offer free versions!

Conclusion:

I loved this session! It really made me think about the technology integration strategy at my school and is sending me home with tons of ideas about what we need to do in the future to become more successful trainers and teachers.

192693_TL_letters.png192694_TR_letters.png192695_bottom_letters.png