cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Wandering Pandas Flying Solo to InstructureCon?

In the beginning, I was going to try and get my husband to come with me since I've never had to do a week trip by myself since we got married. We ended up deciding the week trip isn't worth taking his vacation time since we've got a lot going on this year. Which means I have become a solo Panda for InstructureCon. :smileylaugh:

Just starting this discussion as a point place for any other wandering pandas that are flying solo to InstructureCon. Smiley Happy 

99 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

You definitely won't be the only one flying solo that week! I'm lucky that my husband also uses Canvas so we use it as an excuse for both of us to get away, but I think you'll find that InstructureCon is a VERY friendly conference where people are quick to strike up conversations and network with each other. I know there have been times when we were both so busy pursuing different things and talking to people that we didn't even see or really talk to each other until we met up for dinner!

Highlighted
Community Member

That's super great to know, kona@richland.edu ! My little introvert gets nervous at the prospect of an entire week with strangers, but if its anything like the community, I'm sure it'll be way fun! Where are you and your husband intending on staying in Keystone? I didn't find much luck through the Keystone website directly, so I quoted a place in the Dakota Lodge in River Run Village through www.vrbo.com 

Highlighted
Lamplighter

My little introvert gets nervous

Ha, nobody believes me when I tell them I'm an introvert--but I totally am! And last year at InstructureCon I was able to bond with like-minded introverts! (How on earth did we introverts find one other? Actually, it's almost impossible not to--InstructureCon is just made that way.) So I hope we can meet up!

Highlighted
Community Member

My first thought when you said 

I was able to bond with like-minded introverts!

So great! lol

Highlighted
Lamplighter

Yep, that looks like my comfort zone right there!

Highlighted
Surveyor

We did the same thing! I just reserved a condo for the Lakeside Village area via VRBO and got a great deal!

Highlighted
Community Member

That's SUPER reassuring. I was really hoping it wasn't a dodgy secondhand website, so that puts my mind at ease to know others are booking through them. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Surveyor

No! Definitely not! We booked our Dec trip using VRBO (Rental house in the Florida Key's over Christmas) and had a great experience and were very impressed with the process and the actual rental!

Highlighted
Community Member

You may have convinced me to book in Lakeside Village. I didn't realize it was so much closer to the convention center AND its cheaper than the other location I was looking at. Smiley Happy Thanks for the info!