cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Who's Attending from Faith-Based Schools?

Hi, I've been a Canvas user for less than a year, so this will be my first InstructureCon. Who else is coming from a Christian K-12 school or university? I think it would be great to connect with each other and maybe even discuss topics that are unique to faith-based Canvas clients.

To that end, I've created a simple survey to collect names and a few details of those who might want to gather: 

Christian Institutions at InstCon 2017

Thanks, and see you in Keystone!

Crystal

9 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Crystal!

I don't currently work for a faith based institution, but I did go to a Christian K-12 for 10 years and ended up attending a Bible College. As an LMS Admin at a University now, if you wanted insight from someone who attended and came from that pool with the current perspective of an admin, let me know. Love that you're resourcing people to work, up-skill, collaborate, and research for your context! 

Highlighted
Community Member

canvas.admin@rts.edu‌, is anyone from Reformed Theological Seminary going to be making the trip this year? Maybe Mark James?

Highlighted

Hi awilliams

I have not heard from Mark James in here for awhile. He was a regular contributor until almost a year ago, then nothing. I first met him at InstCon '15, and he is a nice guy. In fact, I think the last I heard from him, was when I inquired if he was going to InstCon '16.

Agent K

Highlighted

I'm pretty sure I remember him posting (either here or on Twitter) that he was leaving his position and taking a different, non-academic, position.

Highlighted

Thanks, kona@richland.edu‌! I have been thinking about him lately, and maybe it's because it is getting on to InstCon time. He was a solo first-timer in '15, and followed me everywhere, which was just fine with me.

Agent K

Highlighted

Wow, thanks Sherlock james@richland.edu‌ Holmes!

Nice sleuthing!

Agent K

Highlighted

Hi Adam, Mark James took a call to pastor a church earlier this year, so he no longer works here at Reformed Theological Seminary. I've taken over as our Canvas administrator. Unfortunately we won't make it out this year. Maybe next year!

Highlighted

Cool, thanks for the offer, Roxanne. I wonder if my colleague, jbuchholz@nnu.edu‌, might want to chat with you, as he will be attending InstCon and is our LMS admin.