Instructurecon (Instructurecarn) 2018 "Kids Pass"

Jump to solution
ken_cooper
Community Participant

There isn't a 2018 Instructurecon place for specifc discussion yet, but seeing that registation is now available I noticed that there was an option for a "Kid's Pass" for $150.

One thing that I really liked about Instructurecon is that it was family friendly, and that a lot of attendees would bring their kids to the conference and with them to activities.  If they now need to purchase a pass in order to do this I'm concerned that the number of attendees bringing their kids/families is going to drop.  I hope this doesn't turn into another conference where it's only the attendees and it's common to leave families at home, but it seems as though the changes the last few years are trending in that direction.

Hopefully it's just me worrying and this isn't the direction the conference is going, just wanted to voice my concern when first seeing this.

1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello All,

I was able to confirm that this year any minors four and above will need a kids pass in order to enter secured areas which will include meal pavilions and after hour activities but not the common areas such as where the paddle boards and bikes are located by the lake. Families are still more than welcome at Instructurecon.  We just need for everyone to pay a share of the associated costs for meals and events.  We know that a lot of people will continue to bring their families and will do other things with them in the area in the evening rather than attend the conference activities and that is totally OK.  There are a lot of attractions in the area and we hope you get out and enjoy them.  Like John said, you can buy a lot of pizza for $150.  That being said I personally hope a lot of people do choose to buy a pass for their kids so they can participate without reservations in what has always been in my experience the best, most fun series of conferences I have been able to participate in.

View solution in original post