All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2018. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Emily Foote (view in My Videos)

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2018
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

iDesign   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

EvaluationKIT | Partner   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

eLumen (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Portfolium | Partner   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

McGraw-Hill | Partner (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HonorLock | Partner   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Erin Parkins, Robert Trent | Partner   (view in My Videos)

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@kbv7001 ‌   The California State University/Community Colleges Canvas Common Interest Group will share amazing feats in efforts to create interactive community and openness around student learning by juggling Canvas Community, Canvas, and Zoom. We ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@christopher_phi ‌   Accessibility is hard when you focus on legal requirements that only benefit a specific group. Changing the discussion to an ethical responsibility that benefits all learners is a game changer. Come learn strategies to transform...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sarah Aldrich   The presenters showcase their teaching and learning innovations in two courses taught by Ball State University and Turner Classic Movies. In distinction to personalized learning, which puts the learner in charge, we propose the concep...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Robin Birch   Problem-based learning demands various skills from our students. To wrestle with issues of society, learners can acquire and build the skills for success in their chosen career paths. Canvas offers various tools to support this endeavor...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@kona ‌   Want to create the greatest student-centered course on earth? Come experience how to energize a course through increased teacher presence, better utilization of Canvas features, and creative uses of the different assignment types. Leave wi...

• 16 Likes
  • 7 Replies

@carolyn_miller ‌This session will showcase a course that requires students to be co-creators of content using Canvas. This approach allows students to take responsibility and have a greater level of accountability for their learning. The presenter ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@rseilham ‌   Let's explore a day in the life with Canvas Mobile apps which includes a real-world experience by students and teachers while on-the-go. This session will help teachers and designers better understand mobile use, optimize course conten...

• 10 Likes
  • 36 Replies

@straussi ‌   Troubles recording attendance under the Big Top? ERAU worked with Instructure Professional Services to develop a custom application that captures F2F and online activity, and automatically updates our student information system. From t...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Liezl Madrona   Gleaming and glittering with gold and wondrous surprises for the novice and bold! Can one have a compliant AND an eye-catching course? This collaboration between the Online Education Initiative and the CCC Online Counseling Network wi...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@taverett ‌   Completing hands-on engaging learning experiences for 2500 faculty in the span of 20 days, check. Revolutionizing how our faculty teach, check. Making a transformative migration to Canvas, check. Learn how DeVry University leveraged ou...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@rbagent ‌   Live 360 video of class sessions helps reduce distance-student disconnect. Making recorded sessions available using ARC allows us to take interactivity to the next level. Students are "in" the classroom discussing topics with classmates...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

@abrams ‌   How six Harvard courses leveraged homemade Canvas tools to measure grader harshness and comment coverage, promoting fair and consistent grading; to intelligently seat students upon swipe-in, encouraging peer network building; and to enab...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@jsowalsk    University of Maryland and Indiana University will discuss implementation of Canvas Catalog for administering non-credit and continuing education courses university-wide and beyond. Specifically, the discussion will include customizing ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@jodi ‌   Explore the coordination and support required to assemble teacher-teams and build out three distinct statewide career-exploration courses for high schools in California. We will also unveil our Intro. to Criminal Justice, Intro. to ICT, an...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@christopher_gil ‌   It is has been said, it takes two to Tango. With Canvas and Google, it is not only possible to Tango but also to attain workflow Zen. During this session participants will investigate a variety of digital tools and explore strat...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@jwaldvogel ‌   Academic courses may be the main event in Canvas, but the opportunity to transform your school system with successful sideshow courses is great. From social-emotional curriculum to project management, Canvas can become the epicenter ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

(Jeff Winget)   For the past three years, I have slowly integrated standards-based grading in my classroom using Canvas. Along the way, I have developed a system that maintains teacher creativity and professional presence, provides students with mean...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@joanis ‌   Are you tired of hearing Canvas isn't for elementary students? We are too. Not one-to-one in K–6 yet? Neither are we. Excited about the potential impact on learning that Canvas can have with young scholars? So are we! Join us we share ti...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@BradMoser ‌   It’s time to level up your Canvas knowledge! Canvas Levels of Learning is an gamified, on-demand, self-paced professional learning opportunity that allows staff members to build upon their current Canvas knowledge to Level Up their le...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

tpriester‌   From new staff induction and student-centered approaches to professional learning goals and staff development, we'll present six years of adoption and implementation strategies formed by embedding deep practice and positioning Canvas as ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

amber.rinehart‌   Explore how the Austin Independent School District is building teacher capacity in Canvas through growing teacher leadership in blended learning design. AISD's Leadership Pathways Program awards micro-credentials for teachers to dev...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@kathleen_stepha ‌   The ability to submit videos and images is powerful for individualized assessment. Presenters will demonstrate the value of assigning a video submission. Multimedia is ideal for struggling learners, at-risk populations, English ...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies