All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2018. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

• 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our data analytics manager and I will be at InstructureCON this year. We are looking to chat with higher education folks using Canvas data and/or Tableau. We recently stood up an in-memory high performance database and imported over 1.4 billion rows ...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2018
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Day 22 in the  #stepsforbeth journey and I just got another update from Panda!  Panda just crossed the Green River and is 179 miles into the trek!  Tammy Ellison‌ made quick work of passing Panda yesterday, but I heard they had a nice chat alongside ...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, The Catalog Users Group Meeting at Instructurecon will take place at Warren Station from 4:00 - 5:00 PM Mountain Time on Tuesday, July 24th. Here is the event information: https://community.canvaslms.com/events/2511-catalog-peers-group-m...

Community Coach Community Coach
InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two years ago, there was a place to post photos during the event. I have been instructed by the mini-panda tour group to ask where they can post their photos# as they get ready for Instructurecon and attend this year after missing last year!

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Two years ago there was a place to upload photos. Anyone know if that has happened and of so, please direct me to it!

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there fellow carnival-goers!  I'm wondering if there's anyone attending this year who has experience with lightboards (learning glass, other brands, or custom built).  We are looking into getting one for our institution, but it's somewhat hard to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I booked a 2 bed/2 bath condo via VRBO in Lakeside Village- right across the street from the conference venue because it was the best lodging available when I booked.  It's way too big for just one person and I'd love to share the cost with someone. ...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2018
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hack Night is an event where programmers, engineers, LMS admins, instructional designers, teachers and anyone else interested in hacking Canvas and Canvas courses come together to hack the APIs, course design, apps, bugs and anything else they want t...

• 31 Likes
  • 54 Replies

Hi everyone,OSCELOT (the non-profit "Open Source Community for Educational Learning Objects and Tools") is looking forward to seeing everyone back at InstructureCon (despite my fear of clowns). Here's a quick listing of sessions we're involved in:Wed...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2018
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We decided last minute to bring the family to #InstCon18 (yay!) and found an awesome two bedroom condo still available (double yay!), but now I have a great hotel room at Keystone Lodge and Spa (two queens!) that I would like to transfer to someone e...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I see the API sessions are sold out. Any chance a second session will be added?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Any way to check if my registration went through for some pre-con sessions?  I haven't received any confirmation emails or anything else like that, and our Business office needs that to close out their "end of fiscal year" file.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I am presenting: How Much Is That Classroom in the Window? A Two-University Implementation of Canvas Catalog (hope you can attend!) and was interested in knowing what people wear for their presentations since they will be recorded for lat...

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Shot in the dark but....Will there be anyone at hack night that is willing to sit down and help me understand how to access the Canvas API using Google Scripts? I have only been practicing JavaScript for a few months but I have many questions as to h...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I am not sure who can fix this so I thought I could throw this out here.I was looking over the schedule on the website (https://events.bizzabo.com/InstCarn2018/agenda/1) and notice that my name is incorrect.It is correct in the Hubb.Me portal and ...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I registered for InstructureCon yesterday and haven't received any confirmation emails. Does anyone know who I need to contact to get this resolved? 

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there CEUs available for InstructureCon? If so, how do we get those?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When and where is the conference?I can't make it. What can I do?Where is the schedule?Is there an official website for the conference?What do I do if I registered buthave not received confirmation?Is there an official conference app?Is there a place ...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2018
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two of my favorite things: Instructurecon and boardgames.When I was a kid, my cousins from New Hampshire came down to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving and would stay over at my parents’ house with us for the long weekend to hang out with me and my brot...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 24 Likes
  • 32 Replies

Each year I love to start up this thread to see where everyone is coming from. Instructurecon has become such a great international event over the past few years.4 years ago I attended my first and I was one of only three from Australia. Last year sa...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2018
  • 57 Likes
  • 199 Replies

Does anyone know how good the wifi and cell services are at the Keystone Resort?

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last year, we received the recommendation to arrive to Denver a day early to allow our bodies to adjust to the altitude.  Unfortunately, notice was sent after our travel plans were set.  Can you post those recommendations to provide justification to ...

• 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I can't stay for the Unconference, but will there be any community gatherings on Tuesday morning like there was last year at the Adventure Center? That was an excellent idea sharing time!

• 26 Likes
  • 23 Replies

I found an error on one of our presentations and need to add presenters to the agenda. Who can do this for us? Thank you!

• 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I received an email about early-bird pricing, but what would the price be after March 31?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello InstructureCon veterans!I'm hoping to attend my first InstructureCon and I'm trying to figure out whether I should book things so that I can attend the Pre-Conference Sessions. Here are the questions I have:What topics will be covered? (Or when...

• 15 Likes
  • 26 Replies

For any and all that are flying solo to INSTRUCTURECARN this year, use the #solopandas hashtag on Twitter! It has yet to be determined if I will be one of the lucky ones to come help out, but this hashtag will serve a bigger purpose! Remember, InstCo...

InstructureCon 2018
  • 18 Likes
  • 34 Replies

I am a current student looking to attend InstructureCon 2018. Do you offer student pricing or a student discount for this conference?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ladies and gentlemen; boys and girls, step right up and let's see who is the funniest clown in the #InstructureCarn!As some may or may not know there was once a live forum, and in that forum was a place for Dad Jokes. I may have told one or two jokes...

• 67 Likes
  • 277 Replies