cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbagent

When will we hear more about InstructureCon 2019???????

Jump to solution

307447_Divider3.png

SO EXCITED for InstructureCon 2019....in Long Beach, CA. I want to get my hotel room reserved, and take a cruise after the conference....and plan other fun stuff. (I'm a planning nerd). Any idea when we will learn more about next year's event????

307545_Untitled design (6).png

InstructureCon 2019

Help Others by Answering Questions

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
70 Replies
alward
Community Participant

My boss just OKd me to go again next year.  Let's get this plan in motion!

Awesome!  Looking forward to seeing you there.

fosterl
Community Contributor

Yes, this sounds like a great idea for next year! If someone gets a ball rolling on this, I'd love to hear about it!

0 Kudos
mjennings
Advocate

Yea!! I see the lodging I &schedule are now up. However if I try to book from the 8th - 13th (to stay for the Unconference) all of the hotels say no rooms available? Could someone check on that?

Show no availability because the reserved discounted block doesn't apply for the Friday night. You have to book it as a separate entry. I called the hotel and booked directly...much easier.

fosterl
Community Contributor

Is one of these hotels the official "conference hotel"? I know we can cheat on per diem amounts  if we're staying at the conference hotel. Otherwise, we've got to stay within the $180 GSA per diem rates.

0 Kudos
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey everybody, our website Instructurecon 2019 - Learnin' Safari | Edtech Conferences has been updated. When you click on the Plan Your Trip link at the top, you'll be taken to a list of options with information about registration and lodging/travel as well as a FAQ.

Stephanie,

For the Hyatt Regency, I was able to reserve a room to check in Tuesday and check out Friday, but for some reason MONDAY had no rooms available in the block.  Any ideas on why that might be?  I asked my CSM to ask the events team but have not heard back yet. 

Thanks!

Joni

@millerjm ‌, if a particular hotel is not showing availability on their website for Monday, we recommend that you call the hotel directly to see if you can secure a room for that day or if you will need to choose a different hotel.

No problem, I had already talked to them.  thanks!

straussi
Community Champion

So ... too soon to start nagging about when will they announce accepted presentations?

308050_pastedImage_1.png

@straussi ‌, presenters whose proposals have been accepted will be notified on March 20.

jlubkinchavez
Community Contributor

Does anyone know what time the Unconference will be on Friday? Details seem to have disappeared from the registration site, and the general agenda was replaced with the embedded app, which doesn't include the Unconference. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I was able to captured the times for the Unconference on my page The Learnin' Safari eduSurf Guide under the 2019 Unofficial InstructureCon Schedule Overview.pdf document.

Looks like it was scheduled from 8:00 am - 1:30 pm.

@jlubkinchavez , greetings! I'm helping to run the Unconference and as Matt indicated above, it technically runs from 8:30am - 1:30pm. Yet, the last chunk of time is mostly eating lunch and socializing/finishing up good conversations. I've got a tentative schedule - which is pretty awesome - but I need to confirm a few things before I make it official! Stay-tuned! 🙂

Kona

jlubkinchavez
Community Contributor

@kona ‌, thanks! Good to know. Gotta buy my return ticket--with a coast-to-coast flight, looks like I won't be able to stay for the whole thing, but hope to be there for most. Thanks for all you do to organize the UnConference!

The Unconference is always one of my favorite parts of InstCon, so I'm happy to do it!! 🙂

Glad you can make it to at least some of the sessions!

I'm in the same boat.  It's crazy how we loose what seems like most of the day to that silly flight home, doesn't it?!  But I, too, am trying to work it out so I'm there for at least the first half of the Unconference.  It's the best way to wrap up the week and get the best information!

Yay!! You know I’d love having you attend!!

It looks like attendance at Unconference this year will be at least double what it has been previously.  Its going to be crazy!

straussi
Community Champion

Any listings yet for new or changed sessions? Can't really cruise the whole agenda to see what might be new.

315582_pastedImage_1.png

@straussi ‌, are you following The Learnin' Safari eduSurf Guide where  @mjennings ‌ is maintaining updates on his PDF? I'm not aware of any other place where changes are being tracked. The event app might also help you manage your schedule, and the download links are on the InstructureCon 2019‌ home page.

bcrook
Advocate

Just bringing this up for 2019 - traveling alone? Hanging around and inviting anyone solo to join your group?  Use the hashtags #instcon #SoloPandas 

#solopanda rides again!

bcrook
Advocate

Is anyone using a shuttle service from LAX that they could recommend?  Just found out that I'll need to book a shuttle to get back to LAX on Friday (all set for coming in on Monday)

0 Kudos
fosterl
Community Contributor

My colleagues and I from Oregon State are all booked on Super Shuttle. I used them MANY times when I lived in the LA area. It's only about $20 each way. These are vans, not unlike the Mountain Shuttle we all rode to Keystone.

straussi
Community Champion

Glad to hear the buzz about Super Shuttle. I am booked with them as well, but haven't used them before. 

316485_pastedImage_1.png

rbagent

I use Supershuttle. It is really cheap and they do a great job. Be sure you book directly through them though. Others secondary market their trips and mark up more. I will be in their Tuesday morning shuttle at about 10:30 or so

Supershuttle it is then!  Thank you  @rbagent ‌,  @fosterl ‌, and  @straussi ‌!

0 Kudos
Bobby2
Coach Emeritus

@jayde_colquhoun ‌ have you kept up with this? Super shuttle for you perhaps?