Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I find it completely ridiculous that students can see the entire test and results until the test closes in Canvas since there is no option to view "only once after each  attempt" like there was with classic quizzes.  Otherwise you have to block every...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble grading my student's quizzes on Canvas. All of my quizzes are set to a grading policy of "automatic" and they are all set to "allow multiple attempts" and they are all set to "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses". Now, I only ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are contemplating creating a course specific to accommodated students to disseminate information about accommodations such as exam scheduling, etc. However, the students cannot know who else is enrolled. I know how to hide the people tab, but the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Caveat: This might be a highly specialized thing that only I do and might not be entertained as a feature request; but I thought I would ask.User Role: InstructorI have the habit of sending weekly Announcements - usually timed to go out at 8:00 AM on...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Kaltura video recordings, the camera screen (i.e., me) always defaults to being the primary screen.  How do I change the video settings so that the presentation screen (i.e., PowerPoint) is saved as the primary screen and my camera screen is th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want all of my classes to be able to see the appointment group I created. I have added both classes to the appointment group, but only one is appearing in the Canvas Calendar. When I try to "edit" group details both classes are grayed out not allow...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to tell if students have rejected an invitation to a course?  I've read some older questions on this forum (2018) that said there used to be a report that would show this, but I can't find the buttons they referced and I can't find any...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, just want to know if a student is notified when they are deactivated from a course. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have math teachers who have individual licenses for Delta Math and need to integrate it with our canvas instance.  I have read their instructions  however, when it says to go to +App, the teachers do not have that option.  I am sure it is a permis...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have quizzes that are given on paper that I then let students submit corrections for.  Is there a way to mark these assignments as resubmitted in the Canvas gradebook so that I can differentiate when a student has turned in the assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is contradictory and confusing information in the guide about automatically assigning peer reviews in discussions: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-automatically-assign-peer-reviews-for-a-discussion/ta-p/1108At the t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm using Classic Quizzes. Actually, two problems: (1) Canvas is not deleting selected questions from the Question Bank.  Instead, it greys out the question -- but, does not delete it from the bank. (2) Modifying and updating a question causes Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So now the "posted on" date for delayed announcements is when you actually create the announcement, not when it is available for viewing.In the past, I have relied on the delayed announcement feature to send an email/push notification to students whe...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On my Canvas home page, in the centre I have  a section called 'Module Learning Path'.  It is a set of blue buttons labelled week 1, week 2, week 3 etc.  I have worked out how to edit the titles of the buttons, but how do I link the buttons to the co...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student To Do List Error - Not showing all missing assignments   For some reason, I have a few students whos To Do list is not counting assignments correctly.     The students go to canvas - then to dashboard view.  They mostly use the "List View" in...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you know if there is a setting in the Admin settings to turn off the option where Observers can "combine" student accounts when they are pairing them?  We just had a parent do this and WE were able to split them, but was hoping we could turn it of...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to open the limit when I create a new group by invitation only without inviting people? Thanks~

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Head office has populated all courses on canvas with the students in relevant subjects from iSAMS.  However, some classes have not populated.  How can I add student users to courses? Or indeed check the synch with iSAMS.  I am just a school level adm...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a parent. When I try to log into Canvas LMS using a password manager and Safari, the Canvas password field doesn't get the password entered/pasted into it, meaning I have to open the password manager to copy and paste the password it into the for...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have checkpoints been enable in discussion settings? Can you choose two dates for discussion assignments. one for the original posting and one for the response?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does a u with a circle when it is in front of an announcement?  u with a circle

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a french teacher with her canvas set to French tries to set dates for assignments in Canvas, dates are not saved. Switching to English solved the problem, but language teachers need to use the target language when using Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an administrator and want to be able to search a student's name and see their grades in all classes. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After saving my post in the editing box, list items have 15 lines of free space between them. This is annoying and contrary to accepted practice. It should be changed to one space between items.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need assistance connecting a teacher's Canvas Account to her VHL account.  They are supposed to talk to each other. She has her class setup on Canvas and on VHL.  I watched a video tutorial on how to connect them but my screen doesn't match the tut...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to make an assignment with MATLAB Autograder such that it has a time limit start when the students open it. Is this possible with assignments or only quizzes? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using canvas free for teacher and I have my first problem in 10 years !  When I try to add a due date and save it, the date vanishes. This is a real problem, we (that is the same for my collegues) are unable to assign work to students, please he...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for students to see assignments in Canvas when they are locked?  I have locked assignments to prevent students from submitting before the week they are due, but students are now not able to see the assignment description in Cnavas unti...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello-I have set up my courses (as Admin) so that students enroll in the course via email invite. I have not set a join code for any courses. One of my users (a teacher) has asked that I set a join code for her students because they have a Canvas acc...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to rename a file while I'm submitting it, or set up a system to auto rename a file when I submit it to abide by a certain format? In my file system I format names a certain way, however my teachers want me to format them in a different...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies