How do I log in to the Canvas Parent app on my Android device with a Canvas URL?

In the Canvas Parent app, you can log in with Canvas observer credentials to view student course information. If you do not have a Canvas account, you can create an account in the Parent app.

This lesson shows how to log into the Canvas Parent app using a URL. Learn how to log into the app using a QR code.

Open App

Open App

On your mobile device, tap the Canvas Parent icon.

Find School

Find School

To log in using your institution's URL, tap the Find School button.

Find Institution

Find Institution

Enter the name of your institution or school district in the text field [1]. When the full name appears in the search list, tap the name [2].

Note: If you are an admin and your school does not appear in the search list, please contact your CSM about mobile smart search.

Enter Canvas URL

Enter Canvas URL

You can also log in using your Canvas URL. Enter your institution's Canvas URL in the search field [1]. Then tap the Next link [2].

If you don't know your Canvas URL, tap the How do I find my school or district? link [3].

View Previous Canvas URL

View Previous Canvas URL

If you previously logged into the app, your Canvas URL displays. To log in again, tap the Canvas URL button [1].

If you previously changed users in the app, to log in again, you can tap the user's account [2].

Enter Login Credentials

Enter Login Credentials

After you've found your institution, the Canvas URL displays at the top of the screen [1]. Enter your email [2] and password [3]. Then tap the Log In button [4].

If you don't know your password, tap the Forgot Password? link [5].

Notes:

• The Canvas email field credential varies according to institution. Some institutions may require a username or account number.
  • If your Canvas mobile login page does not show the Forgot Password? link, contact your institution if you need to reset your password.
  • If your institution requires you to log in to Canvas using their authentication system, you will be redirected to your institution's login page.

View Dashboard

View Dashboard

View the course list for your student.

Learn how to use the Canvas Parent app.