How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my Android device?
The Canvas Parent app lets you view a student’s course events, upcoming assignments, and grades. You can also add and view multiple students in your account.
- The Canvas Parent app uses your device's settings to set the time zone used within the app.
- When creating an account, you can link one observed student in the Parent app. Learn how to link additional students in the Parent app.
- You cannot remove observed students in the Parent app.
- To change the language displayed in the Parent app, select a language in Canvas from a web browser, log out of the Parent app, and log in again.
View Parent App
In the Canvas Parent app, you can view the User Menu , select a student , and view the student's courses , the student's weekly calendar , and alerts about the student's course participation .
Open User Menu
In the Dashboard, tap the Menu icon.
View User Menu
From the user menu, you can:
- View your Canvas Inbox 
- Manage students and alerts 
- Manage your Canvas Parent app settings 
- Get help with the app 
- Switch users 
- Log out of the app 
Your added student's name and profile picture display in the Parent app. If you have multiple students associated with your account, you can view another student by tapping the Student drop-down menu , then tapping the name of the student .
Note: Student profile pictures only display if the student's institution allows students to upload profile pictures.
By default, the Parent app opens to the Courses page. You can view a list of courses and current course grades for the student you are viewing. Learn how to view course assignments and activity details.
You can view course assignments and events in the Calendar page. Learn how to view the calendar.
The Alerts page displays grade and assignment alerts. Learn how to view alerts.
Note: The Parent app displays assignment details and grades. Student assignment submissions can only be viewed in a Canvas browser.