Canvas Admin Discussions

Canvas Admin questions and discussion forum

We are noticing a recent and concerning nuance related to Rubric Enhancements, which our institution enabled in advance of the Fall 2024 term (which starts on Sunday). Instructors see all relevant details in their rubrics (criterion title, criterion ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There used to be an option to remove student enrollments in bulk within a course. Is there another way to delete students in bulk now?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Hive Mind, I am told that Canvas has the basic functionality as Kami. I need my students to be able to write on PDF's and than resubmit them to me for grading. I for the life of me can not figure out how to do that. Does anyone have a quick how...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I'm still in the Learning phase of being a Canvas Admin.  Prior to me there was a discussion of getting Canvas and Infinite Campus talking so grades could be passed back to Infinite Campus.  We've purchased the necessary item from IC and need to t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this? On the home page of any course, the right hand sidebar almost overlaps a bit of the content on the right , which also stops me from using the menu items for any modules. I've attached a screenshot for viewing.  The o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've added Rubric to an Assignment shell for instructors' grading on Speed Grader. In the past semester, we would add a code "<div id="school" data-pretty-rubric="true"> to prevent the Rubric being visible to students.   However, it seems that Canva...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Here is a real conundrum. In courses that I created using the SIS Import, teachers are not able to remove students. Their role is a teacher but when they click on the dots in People, the drop down only shows: Prior to using SIS Import, staff made th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't see the item bank in the production environment, only in beta. How do I enable it? Is it a feature that is linked to the choice between classic exams and new exams?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am wondering as a course admin/instructor how to edit the URL of a page after it has been created. This page is part of a module. Thank you! 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a rubric with Criteria, ratings, and points.  I then created the assignment where students will submit the paper and added the rubric to the assignment.  As an instructor, I can see the details written in the ratings area which lists t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm currently dealing with the most mysterious and infuriating curve ball that Canvas has ever thrown me. It's affecting many people at our institution and preventing students who have paid for their online classes from viewing their content. The fol...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It appears there was an update in July that when the preferred name settings were consolidated into one section, resulted in the checkbox settings not working the way they used to. In our testing, with "Users can edit their name" unchecked and "User...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have numerous Course Blueprints which contain primarily Storyline-generated SCORM files in the learning modules. These blueprints then become the basis for our active sections. We have not had any issues in the past when copying these sections. As...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

While we sync most students from our SIS (Anthology), inevitably there are a few students who need to be added manually for one reason or another. They show up as "pending" because they don't have access to Canvas right now. We have had a couple facu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Looking at creating some formal quizzes, but it would be great if there was a way to detect if the students have switched from the quiz page to say Google to search for the answer, and if it does automatically close the attempt. We don't use any t...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Colleagues, the question is a little out of the ordinary, but does anyone have a copy of a recent Instructure After Action Report for an outage. I'm interested in the message format, not the details of the outage. I would like to adopt that format fo...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi y'all, How do I automate reminders for assignment submission dates (2 weeks, 1 week and due date) reminders?It has been requested that we automate the sending of email reminders to students two weeks, one week and one day before an assignment is d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

People table/list looks 'squished' and is not loading the list once it hits the end of the browser page. Same thing is happing in:  Groups (student groups & self-sign-up)Pages People Any one else having this issue. Am in Asia-Pacific region. Have rep...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to import my courses from last year and they don't show in the drop down menu of choices of courses to import.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was supposed to copy in my actual Chemistry I course a file sent from my academic coordination, but instead I copied my Chemistry II course from the last semester which does not matches with the one I had to copy. How can I undo or eliminate or can...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We are editing our Theme in Canvas and noticed an issue with our color scheme and the features that are tied together in the theme editor. Our university's color scheme includes blue and yellow. We set our primary button color to be our specif...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

To all So I'm a newly minted admin.....still learning.  There's a person here who knows more than I but apparently not enough.  She "Moved" all the courses to this new school year and that part looks good.  The issue is none of the student accounts a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello @chriscas Please help in resolving the issue of email not being sent to users after uploading through CSV in canvas. Any solution would be greatly appreciated. Also I have attached  the screenshot for  your reference.Thank you in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I hope you can provide a solution to this problem.I am adding new questions to a new Question Bank (classic) but it only saves a single question!It retains the last question I have saved to the Question Bank.It is extremely frustrating to lose tim...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to disable the "Record an audio or video comment" option in Compose Message?     We have already checked 'Disable uploads to Canvas Media from the enhanced rich content editor'. Thanks,BJ

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to code a link in a course blueprint that automatically links to the Canvas Inbox of whoever is assigned as the instructor of the course when the course is published and populated? I'm not looking for how an instructor can create a lin...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just set up the new Google Meet LTI 1.3 in my Canvas instance.  It was a very easy and straightforward configuration.  I spent some time as a teacher using it to create a course as well as a student seeing the created meeting.  However, upon checki...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an institutional Canvas admin, a common complaint teachers who teach courses synced with Blueprints is that the see unexpected shifts in the order of items in modules. Are there best practices which would minimize this problem? The blueprint syste...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New to Canvas Admin and I think I messed something up.  All of my teachers and students have open access to classes from several years past.  I thought I had archived the classes, but I'm not sure if that worked.  How do I clean up the list of classe...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone has a sample of a csv file to upload Students Learning Outcomes in Canvas via an API call?How should I fill the csv for new outcomes to link them to the appropriate courses.We were able to link and see them to a outcome group, but it does...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies