Anonymous peer review

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
  Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

As an instructor, I'd like to have the option to assign anonymous peer reviews on assignments. In an anonymous peer review, students would know neither the name of the person whose work they are reviewing nor the name of the person who reviewed their work. Instructors would know who reviewed whose work.

transferred from the old Community

Originally Posted By: Neal Legler
Special thanks for contributions by: Stephan Deban, Lindsey Mercer, Jared Chapman

Comments from Instructure

October 2015 Update!

Part 4 of Anonymous Peer Review is Complete

Find more information in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-10-10)

54 Comments
James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

It would also be nice if the students could use the rubric when doing peer review as well!

clong
Community Champion

I think they can use the rubric if there is one attached for grading, no??  :smileyconfused:

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

whoa.png

jmd260
Community Explorer

This warms my heart.

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

This is listed in Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-04-13)​ as coming up.  Do we need to vote on it still?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Half done,  @James_Kocher_UF ​  Smiley Happy

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi James,

Our product manager doesn't want to mark this feature done until all the components are finished. The release notes mention just the first component out of four—the second will be to hide the student submitter's name from the person doing the peer review (so they don't know whose assignment they are reviewing); the third is to hide names in Crocodoc annotations ; and the fourth is to hide student names in peer review notifications. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA as to when these will be finished, but with the first one done I would think they'll follow pretty close together in terms of completion (over the next few months).

Thanks,

Erin

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

Shannon,

Voting isn't open yet.  The votes you see came during the beta trial.  It's set to be open in the next round of voting!

You should be able to submit a screenshot here.  Do you not see this? shannong.jpg

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@James_Kocher_UF ​ is correct.  Here's the info about how voting will work in the new Community: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

James_Kocher_UF
Community Champion

how'd you get kicked out?