Student comments

Jump to solution
leward
Community Contributor

Indiana University enabled the student assignment enhancements prior to the start of the spring term.  Subsequently we started receiving complaints from faculty because their students could no longer add comments to their submissions.  We determined that student comments are not permitted when the associated gradebook item is set to manual posting status.  It is possible for students to post comments by accessing the assignment via the gradebook because the gradebook link delivers the student to the legacy view of the assignment.  Commenting is a critical feature and I can't think a good reason for the grade posting policy to impact the ability of students to post comments.   I posted a feature request in this topic, but thought I should post it here as well to ensure the product team is aware of this limitation. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Assignment-Enhancements-Allow-students-to-add-...

1 Solution
jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, @leward! We have a fix in place for this that is currently available in beta. It will be deployed to production in our next deploy on April 28th.  

View solution in original post