Canvas Commons Preview

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be great if you could preview the actual content you find in Commons before you download it.  This is especially true in regards to modules.  I want to be able to see the quiz questions instead of just knowing there is a quiz in it.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-01-05).

Discover more in the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/commons/projects/user-group-commons-preview https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/commons/projects/user-group-commons-preview/pages/...

96 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Just FYI; I learned today that the full production target release date for Commons is August 3rd.

kmeeusen
Community Champion

This is great news, Scott. I almost forget that not everyone has access to Commons, and I consider Commons to be the best thing to come out of Instructure in a while.

kmcgee
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This is a request we hear from many of our users! I would love to hear what you think we should concentrate on first?

Quizzes? Assignments? Pages? Discussion? (these would all trickle down to show the content inside of a module. Thanks for the feedback!!

Kate McGee

Commons Product Managers

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Thank you, Deactivated user​!

mdevaney
Community Novice

Hold the phone! Does this mean everyone will have access to the commons starting in August? I ❤️ commons but I am currently limited by who I can share with as not everyone has this feature. Global release would be amazing!!!

kmcgee
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

So even better news is that we'll be opening up Commons on 6/16 for all Canvas users!! All they need to do is reach out to their CSM to turn the account on. Smiley Happy

We also will be doing a campaign this summer to get more Publicly shared resources available for the start of school year.

Hoping that we can save teachers time in the Fall with lots of great resource to grab and use, or tweak and use in Commons!

rgibson1
Community Champion

We just started playing with it today.The first thing I noticed was that I could not preview any of the content. So, you might download all the content only to discover it doesn't work for the course. That really defeats the purpose. <Voted Up. Way up>

cfierro
Community Contributor

Assignments next please

gusanip
Community Participant

Assignment with question banks, please...

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @gusanip ​,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Assignment with question banks."  Please explain.

Thanks,

Scott