[Modules] Add delete option to items in modules

Add option to delete and not just remove assignments/pages/quizzes directly from modules

Added to Theme

7 Comments
timothy_maw
Community Champion

Yes, please! There have been several instances where it would be way more convenient for me to delete an item from the module rather than have to go somewhere else to delete it.

jennifer_garwoo
Community Explorer

This would be very helpful. I thought Remove would remove it from Canvas, and have ended up with duplicate assignments.

aeagle
Community Explorer

I am about to go through the feature request and star every single suggestion I see with this! Novice Cavnas users don't understand the difference between "remove" and "delete" which causes a lot of student confusion. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure

I have updated the theme to be more precise and to make sure we're gathering modules-related ideas in this vein in the same place.

jonna_radegard
Community Participant
Problem statement:

When teachers remove items from the module page they think they remove the item from the course (and that is often what they want to do). They get confused and starts crating dupletts.

Proposed solution:

When removing items from a module ask if they want to remove from just the module or from the course completely.

User role(s):

admin,instructor