[New Quizzes] Allow File Upload Question Submissions to be Previewed in Speedgrader

In most contexts, when a file such as a Word document or PDF is linked in Canvas, a preview button is added alongside the filename, which allows the user to preview the file in-line without downloading the file:

353505_Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.55.53 AM.png

However, this is not the case for file-upload question submissions, which must be downloaded by the grader in order to be viewed in both quizzes:

353506_Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.56.13 AM.png

and New Quizzes.

353513_Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.56.23 AM.png

In order to streamline the process of grading file upload question submissions, Canvas should add the ability to preview file upload attachments in-line in the speedgrader for New/Classic Quizzes.

Added to Theme

33 Comments
hesspe
Community Champion

I'm wondering,  since  New Quizzes as an LTI has integration challenges (I don't know if it makes the requested SpeedGrader integration difficult or impossible), could another acceptable approach to this problem be to add the following features to Assignments: 
A time limit;
The ability to moderate number of attempts and time per student;
The ability to annotate multiple submissions for a single student and for the student to view all of her submissions, not just the most recent?
All of these would be very useful features to have in Assignments in any case, and might be more easy for the software folks to implement.   It wouldn't be exactly equivalent to original request, but it would partially get there, and (to reiterate) these features would be useful additions to the Assignment tool as well, particularly considering the functionality that will be lost with New Quizzes.

sharon_kitching
Community Contributor

@hesspe - technically you can have a timelimit on assignments using the availablity tools, so the added bit would be a set time limit within x available times.  Students need a countdown/timer to make that work. I want a reminder nudge that pops up at 10 mins to the end time for assignment submission saying "Are you ready to submit now?"  .. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme