Canvas Ideas

Ideas are submissions from Community users. Instructure reviews these ideas weekly. Relevant ideas are mapped to themes. Community users vote on themes biannually to help prioritize themes.

To participate in Ideas and Themes, please sign in to the Community.

Note: You must be logged in and have at least the Community Member rank to submit a new idea. Any Community user can comment and vote on active Themes. Learn more about how to rank up in the Community.

Filter Idea Conversations:

81 Ideas in: Completed

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas We would like a way to quickly invite faculty into a current or past course to view course materials -- including discussion forum prompts -- wit...

Community Participant Canvas Ideas
  • 3 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Item banks in New Quizzes have a lot of better features for me than the old Question Groups. And I love being able to share those banks with a co...

Community Contributor Canvas Ideas
  • 44 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Studio creates captions that then have to be edited. The captions are text so they're easy to edit but the process is slow and tedious. It would ...

Community Member Canvas Ideas
  • 1 Reply

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas There should be a revision history for discussion posts for many reasons. If a student says something against the school behavior standards but t...

• 15 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Every button on the toolbar should be visible in the new RCE by default. The new RCE toolbar presently collapses if there is too little horizonta...

Community Coach Canvas Ideas
  • 8 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Please feel free to turn this feature idea off if it's been addressed (or on it's way?) but I am not initially seeing it. With the new Rich Conte...

Community Champion Canvas Ideas
  • 65 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Firstly I love the new RCE editor file upload function.  The drag and drop is wonderful.  It would be EVEN MORE WONDERFUL if we could drag and dr...

• 8 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas My university is finding the fact that publishing a module auto-publishes all the content in it quite annoying.   I would like to be able to just...

Community Novice Canvas Ideas
  • 95 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas In the current quiz system, an instructor may access SpeedGrader through the grade book or from the overview screen of the quiz itself (see below...

Community Explorer Canvas Ideas
  • 28 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas We are excited by the new tools in Quizzes Next, but they should not come at the expense of eliminating support for the use of other third party ...

• 11 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas #Closed Caption creation for #arc is great but can be a challenge to #Edit the CC text.  The video text is a long scrolling field that scrolls aw...

• 13 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When a instructor selects show one question at a time  option the cursor should  automatically appear in the answer section of the question.    ...

• 13 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Please move the update scores button on quizzes to the top of the page, or put it at the top and the bottom of the page.  It's annoying to have t...

Community Explorer Canvas Ideas
  • 11 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Instead of having to click every single item in a long list to Publish or Unpublish them all, it would save a lot of time if we had the option to...

Community Member Canvas Ideas
  • 121 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When a teacher assigns multiple attempts for an assignment it would be nice if the system would automatically perform one of the following during...

• 157 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas We would like to propose an enhancement to Speedgrade that allows the tool to display files created in Pages. I am assuming this incompatibility ...

• 23 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I want the ability to paste images directly into Canvas from the clipboard. An example: I want to use Windows Snipping tool (or any other screens...

• 112 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Here's a common scenario:   An instructor makes a page, let's say a module overview page, and then links to this page from a custom Home page. Wh...

• 87 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I gave a tough exam where a score of 73/100 was an A-. In Canvas's grading section, I report to students what score they got (like a 73) and what...

• 61 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas     Please add support for iWork submissions in speed grader. We use Numbers, Pages, and Keynote all the time and would like support for these f...

• 4 Replies