Course Navigation INSTRUCTOR Customization

Jump to solution
SARAHBBROUSSARD
Community Novice

Is there a way to customize what course navigation appear or switch the order of the course navigation links from my instructor/teacher perspective? We just switched to C4E and that option has disappeared for me. I can still customize it for students, but do not see the option to customize it for my teacher page.

I'd like to move my most-used navigation links to the top for convenience, which was possible with our former Canvas format. Is this just a C4E block or am I missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SARAHBBROUSSARD ...

There is not a way to have a different course navigation menu order for you compared to your students.  Whatever order you choose to set using the information provided in this Guide, How do I manage Course Navigation links? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com), will be the order that both you and your students see.  Keep in mind that if you choose to hide course navigation menus (so that you, as the instructor, see the crossed-out eye icon next to them), students will not see those menu items, but you will even though they are hidden from students...so that you can still access the content on those particular pages if you need to.

Hope this helps...even though it might not be the exact answer you were looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes