Diversify what counts as an Interaction in Canvas

Jump to solution
LParker21
Community Explorer

Interactions in Canvas are included in reports "when you contact the student via Conversations or when you leave a comment on an assignment." [source; I'm pretty sure Conversations means Inbox in this case].

Comments on rubrics to students as well as replies by instructors to students' discussion posts should be included in these "Interactions" analytics. That way you can get an overview of how often you've been touching base with students in these two other categories. Where both categories are concerned, you'd be able to ensure you're spreading your attention/feedback widely across your class.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LParker21 ...

I don't really see a question here. Rather, it sounds like you are requesting additional functionality in reports and analytics. As you may know, there is a separate area here in the Canvas Community website to submit Feature Ideas and/or participate in existing Feature Ideas that may be similar to what you are requesting.

Idea Conversations - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Normally, I would suggest that you submit your own Feature Idea (using the text you've posted above), but the Feature Idea area has just been temporarily (until the beginning of February) locked down so that users cannot submit new Feature Ideas, post comments to those ideas, or give them a star rating. Instructure is doing some re-org and clean-up of Feature Ideas...thus the reason for the temporary lock-down. See Idea Conversations: The Path Forward

The Guides I typically give people are the following:

I recognize this might not be the response you were looking for, but I hope it helps in some way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes