Errors when moving Canvas Sandbox to Official Canvas Course

Jump to solution
RoDe
Community Explorer

When the IT department moves our Canvas Sandbox courses to the Official Canvas Courses, there are sometimes glitches. For example, edits we know we made in the Sandbox do not appear in the Official Canvas Course. Is this a common occurrence?  Also, is there a limit as to how many times a Sandbox course can be used to create an Official Canvas Course? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @RoDe ...

Have you been able to resolve this issue yet?  I thought I'd check in to see if there's been any update.  When you are importing content from your sandbox course to a new course shell, what is your process for doing this?  Are you:

Any of these options should copy the contents exactly from the selected source.

Also, I am not aware of any limit on the number of times a sandbox course can be used to copy content to a new course shell.

Finally, if you are still experiencing issues with the contents not duplicating exactly, you might want to reach out to Canvas Support to see what they have to say.  They may be able to take a deeper dive into your courses to see what might be going on.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes