How to group Courses

Jump to solution
ViníciusBarros
Community Novice

Hello, I am current trying to create a learning program to my coworkers and would like to know if it is possible to group different courses into a learning journey. Let's say it is a software learning journey composed of courses for multiple tools (Power BI, Jira, Excel etc.).

Is it possible to do it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

It seems that you may just need a "Start Here" course that contains course descriptions and links to the actual courses. In this "Start Here" course your home page might have a link or button for each option: Power BI, Jira, etc. that links internally to a Page that further describes that path. Somewhere on THAT Page you would place a link or button to "Enroll in This Path" which then links externally to a separate course (e.g. Power BI). Depending on how your system is set up, the courses with content might need to be set for self-enrollment.

I'm not good with visuals, but here's a try:

"Start Here" Canvas course - contains multiple Pages with course path descriptions

Power BI-1 Canvas course - contains content for the first course in this path, accessed from "Start Here" course

Power BI-2 Canvas course - contains content for the second course in this path, accessed from the last requirement in Power BI-1

Power BI-3 Canvas course - contains content for the third course in this path, accessed from the last requirement in Power BI-2

...and so on 

Jira-1 Canvas course - same idea

Jira-2 Canvas course

etc.

If your "learning journeys" are short, and not full-fledged courses, you could just put each pathway into its own Module within one Course, with or without Requirements.

Power BI Module 

Jira Module

Excel Module

How do I add a module?

How do I add requirements to a module?

You also could look at using Mastery Paths within one course if your institution has this feature enabled:

How do I use Mastery Paths in course modules?

View solution in original post