Moving files in Blueprint Course

Jump to solution
DavidBrown3
Community Novice

I moved a file to a new folder in my Blueprint course.  The file is part of an assignment.  When I opened the assignment in the Blueprint course, the file comes up fine.  So apparently the assignment is now "pointing" to the file in its new folder.  When I sync, the associated courses show the file in the new folder, so the sync process successfully moved the file.  But when I open that assignment in the associated courses, it is unable to "find" the file.

If I move the file back to its original location in the Blueprint course, and sync, all is well in the associated sections.

I would very much like to be more organized about my files in Canvas.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @DavidBrown3 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with blueprint files. From what you'v explained, you  are doing it correctly and it should be appearing. It could be an issue of updating the assignment itself after you've moved  the files around in folders. Are any of the sub folders unavailable to the students? Basically, you should be able to move the file first, then go to  the assignment and make sure it's working via student view. You can also go to edit then click on the file and go to "link options" on the right it will tell you the URL of the files. Copy it  and paste it into another tab  - is it in the correct place? If so, you should be good to sync. If it is the old sub folder, then update it. Remove the link and highlight it again. Go to insert - link - course link and insert  the correct file. If after all of this it is still an issue, then you'll  want to speak with Canvas Support who can take a look at the  actual assignment and files.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post