Need bigger fields for writing answers to MC or MA questions

Jump to solution
Heterochromatic
Community Explorer

Hi all!

Attached is a screenshot of the issue. I write multiple versions of the same question for my intro Mol Bio class (I am the instructor), which requires changing text in the answer fields. Problem is, the field shown is small and it is a real hassle to have to keep scrolling through it to see the part of the answer I need to change. Is there some way of making those fields longer/larger so I can see the entire answer as I edit them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @Heterochromatic ...

Absolutely!  It looks as though you are using Classic Quizzes.  In order to expand that text field, just click on the pencil icon to the far right of the possible answer choice, and then you'll see the full RCE (Rich Content Editor) that you can use to edit the answer choice.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 140143.jpg

The good news is that the New Quizzes interface uses a full RCE as well, and you don't even need to first click on a pencil icon to expand it.  The RCE just opens automatically for you when you click in the text box field.

This is also covered in the following Guides (look for the sections on "Create Answers with Rich Content Editor"):

Hope this helps a bit!  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes