Ongoing Weekly Quiz

Jump to solution
jdimar
Community Member

Hi all some help please if possible!

I would like to create an exit slip each week as a quiz. Is there a way to have the quiz ongoing with a running score for the term rather than a new indpenedent quiz each week? 

I have played with some settings but can't seem to find a way with what I am trying.

Thanks heaps!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jdimar,

I don't know of a way to have a single quiz repeat weekly and accumulate the score.  You could allow multiple attempts on a single quiz, but there is no accumulate points option.  You can also duplicate a quiz so students get a new copy of it every week, but it sounds like you were trying to avoid that scenario.  This seems like something that would be appropriate to submit to the Ideas area for a future enhancement to Canvas.

Sorry I don't have the solution you were hoping for, but I hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @jdimar ,

I would consider using a graded Discussion for this task. You can set it up with Groups of 1 student each so that each Discussion is private between you and one student. After the first prompt in the RCE, subsequent exit ticket prompts could be posted elsewhere (perhaps an Announcement) with instructions to reply in the Discussion topic. You can use the Comment feature to provide a score for each prompt and then add up the points at the end of the term to post as the grade for the Discussion. You won't have the features of a quiz; everything has to be submitted via the RCE. But you might be able to design questions that will work this way.

It's not the prettiest way to achieve the task, but so far it's the only way I've thought of to do ongoing assignments like this.

View solution in original post