cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachelbryson1
Community Member

Rubric Resizing

Jump to solution

In Speedgrader, is there a way to shrink the size of the rubric? In order to see my entire rubric and the place to leave qualitative remarks, I have to move the rubric screen so far to the left that it shrinks the student submission until it's nearly illegible. Ideally, I'd be able to see both the student submission and the full rubric together. As it is now, the rubric is much bigger than it needs to be for scoring/commenting. Actually, it became worse just today; I assume Canvas made an update to the rubrics, but as a result of the update the rubric scoring is much more unwieldy. 

I've included a screenshot to illustrate the problem:

285646_rubric size.png

Any insight is much appreciated!

41 Replies
mmitchell
Community Contributor

Please keep us posted because I'm interested to hear if you receive the same response I received.

fisherj1
Community Member

Thanks for posting this.  It looks like recently the rubric boxes are even bigger, making the problem worse!  Would love to see this improved.  

mebrook
Community Participant

Ugh. Just ugh. I am very frustrated with the recent change that made the grading rubrics so unwieldy. There can be no way that a human looked at this before approving this change.

Also, the problem shows up no matter what browser I use.

PSU_Tony
Community Contributor

What a pain. Yet another thing for our faculty to complain directly to our provost about. Can't say I blame them.

DaleDrees
Community Champion

Thanks  @brysonroad ‌ for posting this as our instructors have been complaining about this too.

julieddavis
Community Participant

Very cumbersome for our teachers. It makes educators not want to use robust rubrics!

kblack
Community Champion

FYI - erinhallmark has  posted a comment here that, basically, states to keep an eye on this Feature Idea for updates.  Interestingly, I've come across faculty with another issue:  they  have trouble clicking-and-dragging the rubric, to begin with.  (I admit I've fumbled with those controls more than once myself.)  Let's hope there's a keyboard accessible way to access them in the future, too.

nancy_lachance
Community Contributor

I know that this was fixed - thank you, Canvas.  I also wanted to mention how very much I hate the new rubric style. Instead of marking a selection by turning it colored, the new rubric underlines the selected criteria. I am finding it much more difficult to track everything I have graded in this new style.  Does anyone else agree?  Or am I alone in this preference?

rgibson1
Community Champion

Has there been any movement on this issue? We're seeing the same thing. Gigantic rubric and tiny document.

skhagen
Community Contributor

Our ticket for this issue is #03760105.