Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can i change the term when I make a new site för an course. I have duplicated an earlier course to a new course but i´m not able to change the term on the new site.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up discussions with grading as  complete or incomplete. I can see the grades, but students cannot. What do I need to do to make the grades visible to students?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a calendar to my canvas calendar? For example, I have English 1, AVID 1, and Student Services as different courses. But I don't have World History or Math 2 in there and I need to remember assignments for those classes. That's why I need...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our teachers are using O365 Cloud Assignments and occasionally seeing issues where the student copy of the associated document that is created in OneDrive is being deleted.  As background, the LTI does a good job of tracking the file if it is moved; ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Help:(! all my courses have stars, yet nothing shows up on any page that I go to! only way I see things is through the course home page! Ive been missing assignments due to this!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log in most everything shows up except the contents in the dashboard and my task that need to be done. It works perfect on my PC but not on my mac book pro.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to change the default email in settings, but the black star for "default" doesn't do anything when I click on it.  Also, the email I WANT to be default, does not have a start next to it at all.  I'm sure the problem is between the chair a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone else received an error message when setting up Grammarly stating the following:Your current email address is j************@student.nocccd.edu, but only email addresses with a Fullerton Community College domain are eligible for this enterpr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I'm sending out announcements for a group I'm in, but it's the same message each day for every week. Is there a way I can make messages reoccuring so I don't have to go back and schedule to send them every day?Thank you for help in advance!Will Hu...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how do i update my browser to meet the requirements for canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my daughters grades in an email via canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I resume a quiz on bridge math?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one reset a quiz for later date for one student after the other students have taken that quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We spelled a student's name incorrectly when enrolling her.  She has gone into her student account to correct the spelling of her name, but this correction is not showing up in the Grade Centre or in the list of students enrolled in the course.  How ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the FREE Canvas version. I would like to add students to my course. It allows me to enter the email addresses as a list, but I cannot specific the names of the students and it forces me to enter the names one by one. Is there a way to bulk...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

After going through the duel authentication, my MacBook Air doesn't show my classes anymore, just shadows of the class boxes that flicker back and forth. Is this something that has occurred with anyone else before?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure how to put "links" into my content.  I have been able to upload files that are already on my computer, but it would be simpler to just have them be able to click a link to go directly to the website.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi stefaniesanders‌,Do you know if there will be InstructureCon 2019 recordings?Tracie

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Last school year I could add events to all of my courses on the same screen using the calendar drop down list when I created an event. This school year only the calendar for the course I have opened appears in the drop down list. Now I have to open e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the image on my dashboard course card?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Extra Time on a QuizHow do I allow more time for one person in the class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I cannot see individual students discussion responses in speedgrader. Instead, when I click the speedgrader option on a student's discussion response, I am taken to a screen that says I can view the full discussion to see the responses.I've loo...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Thanks in advance for the help.I have 4 Children in our school system and all are using Canvas.  Can I have a "tab" or something like it for each child?All of their information is lumped together as of now.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using question banks or item banks (depending on what version of the quiz create you are using) do you have to see the banks you have for all of your courses?  I don't want to see my general chemistry questions when I'm working in my organic che...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is best practice for reteaching the same course? We offer online PD for teachers. When we close out the budget year, we need to close courses and reopen them in the new budget year. Previously, we made a copy of the course and titled it with the...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know if observers are copied on emails generated from the gradebook (Message Students Who....)? If not, is there a way to copy observers on Message Students Who?Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Recently, Google introduced a feature in Forms to allow managed Chromebooks to be locked down during a quiz (if you convert the form to a quiz). For districts like mine that use Chromebooks, this is a huge feature release that would greatly enhance o...

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I block students from accessing my files tab?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I undo a course import? I imported quizzes and not my existing content has been overridden.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies