Setting the landing/frontpage

Jump to solution
m_garcia1
Community Participant

Hi,

I am just starting with Canvas so sorry if what I ask is very basic, but I have followed instructions in the manual, not working and it is driving me mad:

I want that the frontpage/landing page of my course is a page in which I will create a index/visual navigation index to all the modules that comprise the course in order to avoid the (in)famous 'scroll of death'. I have set up the homepage in question but, when I go to the course, both as an instructor and using the student view, I am still re-directed to the 'Home' and see the 'Getting started wtih the course' module, rather than the page.

I tried moving 'Pages' over the 'Home' tab but it doesn't make any difference. I have tried to disable the 'Home' tab but I don't think that you can.

Any ideas of why I cannot see the landing page displayed in the central section of the course?
Many thanks.

Mari Cruz

326896_Capture1.PNG

326897_Capture2.PNG

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@m_garcia1 ,

If you have the page created in the Pages tool, thy this:

1. Go to Pages.

2.  Locate the page that you would like to set as your home page and click the Settings icon (three vertical dots).

3. From the Settings menu, click the Use as Front Page option.

4.  Click the Home button on your left side Navigation menu.

5. Click the Choose Home Page button on the right side bar.

6.  Select the radio button next to Pages Front Page (your page should be listed in italics).

7.  Click Save.

Hope this Helps!!!

Robbie

View solution in original post