Some Calendar Dates Don't Match Canvas

Jump to solution
sgilbert
Community Participant

My class starts today (at 2:30) but several of my students showed up in Zoom at 12 noon. When I asked why, they said that's what the Calendar said. I went to the Calendar and, sure enough, it shows the Zoom classes starting at 12 noon.

All of my other classes are similarly incorrect ONLY for the Zoom links. Is there any way to fix this. In the Zoom tool on Canvas (not the Calendar) everything shows up OK. The Time Zone is set correctly both on the Zoom page and on my account in Canvas.

zoom-page.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @sgilbert ...

As you may know, there are three different areas in Canvas that a time zone is configured.

As for Zoom, I'm fairly sure the time zone you set there (click on the pencil icon shown in your screenshot at the top far right side) is only for you.  When students go into the Zoom interface, they should also have the ability to set their own time zone.  So, the time zone you set in Zoom wouldn't necessarily apply to your students...as they may not live in the same time zone that you do.

In summary, check your time zone for your course via the "Settings" screen, check your user preferences for your own time zone, and then make sure your students are also checking their own personal time zone settings.  Then, have them also check their Zoom settings to make sure things are correct.  Several places to double-check, but hopefully that should solve things for you and your students.

View solution in original post

sgilbert
Community Participant

Thanks for all of you who replied. I did reach out to Canvas support at my college and they were able to resolve the issue (even though I'm not sure how). It seemed to be an interaction with the LTI. Our semester is just starting and apparently there were a slew of professors who had similar problems. In any event, it seems to be fixed for me. Thanks again.

View solution in original post