Stop automatically assigning 2 peer reviews from 1 group

gklowden
Community Member

Hello, I automatically assigned peer reviews for a group project. Students were to peer review 5 other group's submissions. Unfortunately, students received more than 1 peer review from the same group (not their own group but 2 from a different group). In other words, if the student was in group 1, they should get 5 peer reviews from 5 other groups (e.g. groups 2-6). However, they were not assigned reviews for other groups but instead were assigned peer reviews from individual students, some of which are in the same group. In other words, they receive peer reviews for student A, B, C, D, and E but student A and D are in the same group and student B and C are in the same group so they really only have 3 unique reviews.

I have reviewed the settings and do not see any way to prevent this. When I student alerts me of this error, I end up having to manually figure out what groups each student review they received belongs to and then manually assign them a review from a different group. This has created an insane amount of work. I may as well have just assigned them all manually.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes