Student Quiz Log

Jump to solution
BAILEYCONNERLEY
Community Novice

Hello,

I have followed the steps that describe how to view a quiz log, but every time I click on a student's name, there isn't an option to view the quiz log. I was wondering how I enable that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Sandie
Community Participant

Hi @BAILEYCONNERLEY 

I have tried it on our end, and I have the view log option. Are you an Admin or teacher? If you are teacher I am wondering if there is some feature that has been turn off for teaching staff in your school.

How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

• Quiz logs are only retained for six months.
  • Quiz Log Auditing is currently a course opt-in feature. To enable the link to view quiz logs, learn how to manage feature options in the course features lesson.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @BAILEYCONNERLEY ...

@Sandie is correct on this one.  At the Canvas account level, your school's Canvas administrator has a Feature Option called "Quiz Log Auditing" that can be enabled.  There are four ways it can be configured at the Canvas Account level:

• completely off for everyone with no ability to enable it per course
  • off for everyone with the ability to enable it per course
  • on for everyone with the ability to disable it per course
  • completely on for everyone with no ability to disable it per course

So, in addition to the information that Sandie provided, if you are not a Canvas administrator at your school, you will want to have a conversation with that person to see if they would be willing to enable it for you and your fellow colleagues who also teach in Canvas.  Or, if it is already enabled (the second bullet point above), maybe it's just a matter of you needing to turn it on in each of your courses.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes