Student response to Discussion missing, but was submitted

Jump to solution
ghassear
Community Member

I hope I can describe this problem adequately

This semester I have had several occasions when a student's response to a gradable discussion question shows to be missing because of the deadline. However, when I go to Grades, and click on the discussion assignment link for the student, the response appears there, and time stamped that it was submitted before the deadline, but still has "Missing" stamp in red appears on top. 

Seems like other students can see it, since they have to review classmates responses, but I can't as the instructor.

I've attached what I see in Discussion and then also what appears in Grades

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @ghassear 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with missing discussion replies and time stamps. The behavior you're explaining is certainly abnormal. A week ago there were some issues some schools were experiencing with discussions like reply options not being available and the replies not loading in the speedgrader, but being in the discussion. However, those  all should have been resolved by now and they were few and far between. What you're describing appears to be a separate issue and it would be best if you spoke with Canvas Support so they can investigate the issue and provide an answer.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post