Syncing students with two Canvas courses

Jump to solution
JustinBauerle
Community Member

I have two different courses in the same Canvas environment. I have all of the students registered in one course, but they all need to additionally be added to another course. How can I sync the two courses together so that when someone is added or removed from one, the other reflects the same changes?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @JustinBauerle,

I don't think Canvas has anything like that built in.  Enrollments are generally expected to be handled by an external student information system and then synced to Canvas or done manually through the UI.  I know I have seen requests like this before, but I'm not sure if anyone has tackled this issue via a custom API script that would run on a periodic schedule.  That would probably be the only way to do anything like this if the enrollments can't be synced from the student information system side of things, at least the only way I can think of in my head right now aside from manually comparing the people pages and making adjustments manually.

Hope this at least gives you an answer, even if its not the one you were hoping to get.  If someone else knows info that I don't, I'm sure they will respond and let you know too.

-Chris

View solution in original post