Take the quiz button disappears

Jump to solution
KimBrownBC10
Community Member

I am teaching a course on two different campuses this semester. I have the courses cross-listed. When my morning class takes quizzes, there are no issues. When my afternoon class attempts the same quiz, the blue "Take the quiz" button disappears immediately after the page loads. I can't find a solution in the community and I'm wondering if the afternoon campus wifi is blocking something that makes the button load? Like maybe the button is being treated like a pop-up? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @KimBrownBC10 

This could be due to a number of different reasons. 

First, do you have the quiz assigned to "everyone" with an availability window that includes the time for the other class? If it is assigned to "everyone" make sure the time you have it available would make it still open for that second group.

If you have two separate "assign to" boxes, one for each section with their proper times. Also, make sure that they have the right dates assigned for each of the boxes. 

Make sure your course is also not closed. You can check that on the settings of the course. 

You can try editing the quiz and re-saving it.

If the students continue to have this issue, I would advise you to reach out to Canvas Support directly since they would have to check the specific quiz this is happening in. 

Here is a guide on how to contact support. 

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

View solution in original post